• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke Robinson....

SorthNarolina

What? One plays OG and the other OT. If you are talking about the 53-man squad, I think you are sadly mistaken. If anything, Swchartz gets kicked back to the PS. We have more OTs than OGs, so I don't follow your logic.

schwarts is a guard.

With our line except for Gross, the guards and tackles are likely interchangeable. Fox likes versatility in linemen. Wharton played tackle and is now a guard. Before we get rid of Schwartz we might use him at a guard spot. Guys who can play at either guard or tackle are more valuable than those who can't. Means you can get by with less depth. Don't really know if he could play either given his lack of playing time last year.

Berandeau is our backup center. He's one C/OG pretty much given to be our 6th lineman. Schwartz is a big dude, but not all that athletic. Again, I think Schwartz gets put back on the PS this year. Cadogan will back up Otah IMO.

Oh, unless I missed something, I'm not sure Schwartz is even seriously being considered at guard.

It would definitely help Schwartz if he could play guard though. Bernardeau can play both center and guard, but he is also the only back up center the Panthers have right now, so it would make Schwartz much more valuable if he can do both guard and tackle.

I don't want anybody to get me wrong, I appriciate everything vincent was able to do, but if they get to a point where they are on an even footing, I would give the nod to the younger and more talented lineman.

this is wear i think fox goes with the vet over the rookie

Berandeau is our backup center. He's one C/OG pretty much given to be our 6th lineman. Schwartz is a big dude, but not all that athletic. Again, I think Schwartz gets put back on the PS this year. Cadogan will back up Otah IMO.

Oh, unless I missed something, I'm not sure Schwartz is even seriously being considered at guard.

cadogan will be the backup to gross...

cadogan will be the backup to gross...

Really? I thought Wharton would slide over If Gross got injured. It's a numbers game and we won't carry four OTs on the gameday 45 man roster. We will carry more interior lineman. Ideally Cadogen could fill in on both sides, but I think he'll be slated on the right side for depth chart purposes.

Really? I thought Wharton would slide over If Gross got injured. It's a numbers game and we won't carry four OTs on the gameday 45 man roster. We will carry more interior lineman. Ideally Cadogen could fill in on both sides, but I think he'll be slated on the right side for depth chart purposes.

yes..wharton will slide over..but cadogen will still be the backup to gross at least on the depth chart he will. i think he is more suited to be a LT in our scheme

Smith said Panthers officials told him Cadogan would start out as Gross' backup

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/04/cadogan-fills-void-of-lt-backup-for-gross.html

Archived