• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke Robinson....

SorthNarolina

IF Vincent is healthy he starts day 1. Robinson hopefully will learn the ropes and improve to the point he can start in the future. In any event we need backups and starters. For what it is worth none of our O line starters last year played all 16 games so he will get some playing time.

Vincent's past MO has been that of a guy unable to stay healthy for a full 16 game season. For that reason, I'd actually prefer him in a backup/utility role like Hangartner and Bridges played in their time here.

But with that said, if he's one of the "best 5" Uglies, conventional coaching wisdom says "start him".

I think Goodson will crack the starting lineup, as he's too much of a playmaker to sit.

He'll find his way on the roster somewhere, even if it means he's our fourth receiver/returner.

I also agree Brown will "start" in the sense he'll be active every game, but I expect to see Johnson in opposite of Peppers most downs (at least at first).

you mean goodson will get playing time, no way he starts.

I believe Vincent only had a two year contract so this is his last year. I think the team will keep him as the starter for this season, because he is proven. Duke was probably drafted for 2010 and beyond. Of course, that's assuming that Vincent will stay healthy. If he can't, I can see Duke filling in and keeping the RG spot.

Are people really talking about our starting RG from the Franchise's best rushing season, being benched for a 5th round rookie? Just because he dominated in college doesn’t mean he will dominate in the Pros. Look at Glenn Dorsey who was unblock able at the college level. He didn’t leave up to the dominate college player hype. I am not saying he will not be a good RG in this league because he is our future, but you have to go with Vincent. Vincent has earned the right to keep his job if he stays healthy. Duke will provide great depth for our O-Line.

What we have working on our favor is that he will not get 3 ferraris and Ballantyne estate with his signing bonus. He will bust ass to get that firswt big contract. everyone, incl. him knows he has the chops. He jsut needs to apply. Money is the ultimate motivator for some people. For others its the realization of true talent and potential. For Duke it can be both.

What we have working on our favor is that he will not get 3 ferraris and Ballantyne estate with his signing bonus. He will bust ass to get that firswt big contract. everyone, incl. him knows he has the chops. He jsut needs to apply. Money is the ultimate motivator for some people. For others its the realization of true talent and potential. For Duke it can be both.

Motivation, a la Peppers, was the main knock on Duke coming out of college. It didn't phase the Panthers in selecting Peps second overall. You know that being rated the best guard in the draft by many and sliding all the way to the fifth round HAS to be motivation. We will see...

Motivation, a la Peppers, was the main knock on Duke coming out of college. It didn't phase the Panthers in selecting Peps second overall. You know that being rated the best guard in the draft by many and sliding all the way to the fifth round HAS to be motivation. We will see...

xactly...sometimes NOT getting paid after some considerable hype is the BEST motivation.

Schwarts is probably going to be ahead of Robinson..

What? One plays OG and the other OT. If you are talking about the 53-man squad, I think you are sadly mistaken. If anything, Swchartz gets kicked back to the PS. We have more OTs than OGs, so I don't follow your logic.

Archived