• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final mock draft

CardiacCats

Hate it. Just because all the "experts" are mocking us richardson doesnt mean thats who we want, also bailey in the second would suck. This draft would give us 0 starters next year, no thanks.

If we don't trade back (which is incredibly hard to do) and no top prospect falls Richardson is the logical choice. What do you wanna do? Reach on a WR like Keenan Allen. Hell no, I don't want to. Richardson possesses elite pass rushing skills which are RARE to find in a DT. Even if he didn't start (which I think he could) he would be on the field a lot and make a huge impact. If you want a WR at 14, go ahead and reach on one instead of use the pick to snag a player with a rare tool-set and a guy who's a legitimate top-15 prospect. And I think the only pick who wouldn't have a legit shot at a starting spot right off the bat is Bailey, he'd be like the #4 guy

So you think we take a player that doesnt fill an immediate need in the first (dwan is fine) and a guy that will be #4 wr if that next year in the second, got it.

Honestly i think trading down a few spots is doable. Mingo is someone that wont make it past the saints that a lot of 3-4 teams will have interest in.

If we dont id rather have a sure starter in warmack/cooper at 14

If they are both gone that means someone like star has dropped

If we go g in the first we can get a space eating dt in the second which is a much bigger need.

If we would have taken a player to fill a need last year we would have gotten Fletcher fuging Cox. Instead we went BPA and got the rookie of the year. Similar situation. It may not look like Richardson fills an immediate need but we resigned Dwan for ONE fuging year. He's like 33, he's not a starter for the future get real. Richardson would still play a huge role next year and he has potential to be one of the best pass rushing DTs in the NFL very soon. He has ELITE pass rushing skills which are incredibly rare to find in a DT nowadays. He doesn't help much in the run game, I agree but this dude still can be a force in the league with the way he gets to the passer. Good Gs are easy to find in the mid-rounds. Stedman Bailey would still make a big impact next year, I bet he'd have anywhere from 600-700 yards, he's going to be a great possession receiver down the road.

If we don't trade back (which is incredibly hard to do) and no top prospect falls Richardson is the logical choice. What do you wanna do? Reach on a WR like Keenan Allen. Hell no, I don't want to. Richardson possesses elite pass rushing skills which are RARE to find in a DT. Even if he didn't start (which I think he could) he would be on the field a lot and make a huge impact. If you want a WR at 14, go ahead and reach on one instead of use the pick to snag a player with a rare tool-set and a guy who's a legitimate top-15 prospect. And I think the only pick who wouldn't have a legit shot at a starting spot right off the bat is Bailey, he'd be like the #4 guy

I thought this is what you think we will do, not what you want to happen.

I actually wouldn't mind going Richardson at all but I posted that because I find it weird that they've not really looked at him meeting/pro-day/workout/interview wise. I think he'll be good but its apparent our team hasn't really expressed any outward interest. So when I think of who I think we'll end up picking, I don't see Richardson in the equation. Maybe they already think he's money so don't need validation or they aren't particularly intrigued or there's something I'm missing.

I personally think he'd be a strong pick for us.

Otherwise, I like Bailey and Hawthorne.

Richardson's pass rushing skills are overblown. NOT ELITE- 4 sacks, 10 TFL, you want to say that is ELITE production???? This guy went against some guys who will become math teachers or drug dealers and only put up those pedestrian numbers, why? Because you cannot equate athleticism to pass rushing skills without production. Drafting Sheldon Richardson would be like having a hot girlfriend when you have no penis to ram in her. All of athleticism means nothing if you cannot seal the deal, Sheldon cannot.

Archived