• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Steeler Fans Think Bill Cowher Wants To Coach The Panthers

Woodcookedbbq

I have very little doubt that if the job became open that Cowher would jump on it. We have an OL for years that would be able to fit his pounding style, we have a great LB corp, and just a lot of overall talent. Not to mention Richardson's checkbook...

No head coach has one a Superbowl with two teams. Without looking it up, I believe that's true, No? Don Shula went to two Superbowls with two teams, but he lost his first one with the Colts. But the NFL was different little different back then. If there is one coach that could do it, it's Cowher. Will it be with the Panthers? As long as Fox is somewhat successful, I say not here. I guess Dungy and Gruden could do it.

Your that fickle huh!

No, I'm just trying to counterbalance all you guys that are flicking your wicks at the mere thought of getting rid of the best coach we have ever had to go to a coach that won one Super Bowl in 15 years and quit to be with his family. With airplanes, how is Charlotte any closer than Pittsburgh? I don't see the possibility, but we will see another thread next month as well...

I doubt any team ever says, Dear Lord, we are playing the Panthers and that defense will just hurt us.

No, but there was a time (and under Fox, I might add). :(

By the same token, I don't think any defensive line thinks, "Man, we're going up against Pittsburgh? We'll never get to Big Ben!"

Teams have different strengths and weakness, and it's rare that a team ever has every piece in place. I think the Panthers are headed in the right direction.

No head coach has one a Superbowl with two teams. Without looking it up, I believe that's true, No? Don Shula went to two Superbowls with two teams, but he lost his first one with the Colts. But the NFL was different little different back then. If there is one coach that could do it, it's Cowher. Will it be with the Panthers? As long as Fox is somewhat successful, I say not here. I guess Dungy and Gruden could do it.

Bill Parcells and Dan Reeves each took two different teams to the Super Bowl, but Parcells only won with one of the two (Giants) and Reeves lost with both.

Why the confidence in Cowher outside the Steeler framework? Even within it, he only went twice in fifteen years and only won the latter. Mike Tomlin won in only his second year as a coach on the same team. Is Tomlin just that good, or is it possible the system helped, the same way it helped Cowher?

It's not like Cowher won multiple Super Bowls. Granted the guy has charisma and a toughness that fans love, but I just don't buy that he's the coaching god people make him out to be.

Cowher Again? Give it a rest ! For years Cowher was the guy who couldn't get it done and with one of the top 3 Franchises in the game.

14 Years of futility.

Then when they won it, the referees gave it to them with 4 Horrible calls. I was on a financial chat site the next day and people from all over the country chimed in about what joke that Super Bowl win was. So in my opinion he still hasn't "Coached" a winning Super Bowl. He just rode the wave of Jerome Bettis Home Town Detroit and Pittsburgh Steelers Nostalgic Favoritism to a Super Bowl Hijacking via Referee incompetence slash favoritism to a win.

Last years win was not much better.

And you want to trade Fox for that? Fox who has done a Great Job in a small market no history, no tradition franchise. Seconds away from a Super Bowl Victory but missed (if he had just one of those 4 bad calls Cowher got we would not be having this discussion). And now he has the core pieces in place of kind of team that he knows how to use . . . . .

You want to trade him in and get a guy who took 14 years to get his Super Bowl win with all the advantages of a storied franchise like the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Archived