• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Party

chknwing

Panthers will host draft party at stadium on April 27

The Panthers are inviting fans to Bank of America Stadium to watch Day 3 of the NFL draft while participating in activities in and around the stadium.

The event, which is free to the public, will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27.

Some players will be available for autograph signings while fans can register for a cornhole tournament, listen to live music and tour the team locker room throughout the day. There will also be a Play 60 kids' combine on the field.

Rounds 4-7 of the draft will be televised on screens outside the stadium in the Morehead Street parking lot and inside the stadium on the video boards.

http://blogs.charlot...n-april-27.html

Why Day 3?

It is pretty obvious why the Draft Party was moved to Day 3 (Saturday).

Round 1 does not begin until 8PM. With that late start and our #14 pick, we don't pick until damn near 11PM....on a school night.

The Draft Party is going ot be focused on family activities. Therefore, a Saturday afternoon event is more practical than a Thursday night party.

This is another reason why I HATE the new draft schedule....which was changed for nothing more than putting rounds 1-3 in Prime Time (money).

Much, much better when you could have an all day draft part on Sat and see the first 4 rounds....then come back for more on Sunday.

Yeah this is all about the families. The Panthers have done a great job in making this a family friendly event. They let the kids run loose on the stadium field and there are autographs. It's a great chance to take some pictures and see the inner workings of the stadium. Like the madhatter said we will pick late and there is the potential for us to trade down and pick even later.

Yes the Panthers intend to have their draft picks on hand to show off to the fans. The Colts did something similar with Andrew Luck last year. It also gives them a chance to possibly lock that player into a number and....sell shirts.

The only thing I don't like about this is the collateral damage to the Jordan Gross Kickball tournament for cystic fibrosis. It's kind of a big FU to Jordan and his annual event that will compete for fans.

I could have swore I read only a few weeks ago it was a 6pm-12am thing... and now this.

I must'a been reading last years info.

Who's going to have a lil gathering for the draft Day one? anyone? I guess I'll just chill and watch at home and prolly hit the lake if it's nice enough on the 27th. who knows.

It is pretty obvious why the Draft Party was moved to Day 3 (Saturday).

Round 1 does not begin until 8PM. With that late start and our #14 pick, we don't pick until damn near 11PM....on a school night.

The Draft Party is going ot be focused on family activities. Therefore, a Saturday afternoon event is more practical than a Thursday night party.

This is another reason why I HATE the new draft schedule....which was changed for nothing more than putting rounds 1-3 in Prime Time (money).

Much, much better when you could have an all day draft part on Sat and see the first 4 rounds....then come back for more on Sunday.

Why not have it ok day 2 then it's on a Friday night and there's awesome depth in the middle rounds of the draft lol, yes I know we don't have a 3rd round pick but still its better than the last rounds where we'll be picking players barely half of the people at the party will probably even recognize

Archived