• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Masters

TruCatzFan

TV viewers have cost players tournaments in the past- Camillo Villegas was DQ'd as a result of a phone call in 2011.

In the case of the latest-this Tiger thing- had a caller not made the call, he would have been DQ'd for signing an incorrect score card. Only by virtue of that call did rules officials begin looking at the incident.

It's not a question of Tiger-hating as much as it is changing the rules of the game to accommodate the almighty TV dollar. Football and NCAA basketball timeouts are governed by TV. Masters tournament has their own rules committee and does not have the USGA or the PGA rules committees involved. Therefore, they feel they can change the rules of golf to suit their tournament, which benefits their TV ratings and their profitability.

If you can afford it, the Quail Hollow tournament is one of the best events this city has to offer. May is a spectacular month to be a Charlotte resident.

The scenery at Quail Hollow is phenomenal - and I AIN'T talking about the trees and golf course.

Fantastic tournament.

I make at least two rounds out of the four every year. My employer was one of the two initial sponsors, so we have a nice hook up.

Free tix....clubhouse access....room in the clubhouse with great food and open bar all day....get to do lunch with several if the golfers.

Going Fri and Sun this year.

They said that the competition committee had already reviewed the drop prior to Tigers TV interview with ESPN, but after he said he intentionally backed up two yards, they reviewed it again and assessed the penalty.

Beautiful weather there today, I so enjoy this weekend.

You should park yourself in the bleachers at Amen Corner...best views on the course.

I have doesn't many a round of the Masters there in prior years.

I agree with BrooklynBully. This business of fans calling in is baffling. Never heard of it in any major sport. If this were any other golfer I question whether we would be hearing all this endless uproar. People let their personal distaste for a player fuel a fire that shouldn't exist. We see this in other sports regularly as well.

It's just because it's Tiger. Between the bounce off the pole and the 2 stroker he's 4 strokes back from where he would be anyway so you can figure he's done.

Sadly Freddy is falling apart today.

Furyk or Snedeker need to step up as I don't want to see Cabrera steal this tournament.

Archived