• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Masters

TruCatzFan

Hmmmpf, quite the scandal.

USGA and the Committee says two strokes so that's what it is.

They could easily DQ him if they wanted.

If I was Tiger though and due to this aggregious act DQ'd myself, I'd never come back to Augusta. ;)

Too much baggage.

The haters will hate, his fans will accept the ruling bodies decision.

He hit a roughly 80 yard pitch on #15... Ball hits flagstick, careens off into lake.

Under hazard rules, he had three options...

Drop area

Point nearest entry to water as far back as he liked.

Replay shot.

He chose to drop and replay the shot. He did and bogeyed.

He said in post round presser that he intentionally dropped "two yards" back of orig spot on purpose.

Rule states "as close as possible". I assume he was confusing two of the three options and didn't do it with intent to break the rules.

He signed his card, and then was questioned about the drop.

It was determined that he did violate the rule, which in years past would lead to DQ.

Rules committee used new rule to allow him to only receive 2 stroke penalty.

Many say he should DQ himself in light of precendent. I agree.

Like the Brady "tuck rule," this will now be known as the Tiger rule.

"If, in the minds of the rules officials, Tiger Woods violates a rule that would, under any circumstances for any other player on the Tour result in a disqualification, we have the authority to change the rules and keep him in the tournament to keep TV ratings up and ensure more profits."

I don't care about the rule, what blows my mind is that someone watching TV was allowed to call in and get this whole thing started. It needs to be kept on the course.

This has been an issue for 30 years, as its happened many times before.

It's entertaining watching the Tiger haters stumble over themselves in anger.

I am not a Tiger fan, and I have never liked the DQ rule... But its the rule. I think the Rules Committee abused the spirit of the new "TV" rule in this particular case as it wasn't a problem that was only visible on video... Such as when the ball barely moves or the club touches something in a hazard.

This has been an issue for 30 years, as its happened many times before.

I am not a Tiger fan, and I have never liked the DQ rule... But its the rule. I think the Rules Committee abused the spirit of the new "TV" rule in this particular case as it wasn't a problem that was only visible on video... Such as when the ball barely moves or the club touches something in a hazard.

I agree with BrooklynBully. This business of fans calling in is baffling. Never heard of it in any major sport. If this were any other golfer I question whether we would be hearing all this endless uproar. People let their personal distaste for a player fuel a fire that shouldn't exist. We see this in other sports regularly as well.

Archived