• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

you are right...I'm not...and for that reason...this will be my last post in this thread or on this subject, it's not worth it to me to alienate people or scar relationships I have spent the last 4 plus years building!!!

I have nothing else in this fight, not hiding anything or anything like that...I just have a great deal of passion about this topic is all. I am sure we've all been close to someone killed by a drunk driver, I know I have been far too many times. I've also arrived on scene in an ambulance and had to bag the bodies of victims of drunk drivers as well. Both of my brothers were charged with impaired driving at a young age. I put all those things together and it just baffles the poo out of me how anyone in today's day and age could still be so selfish to get behind the wheel of a car when they are drunk! So thats the one thing that pisses me off...and ya, we only typically hear about the celebrities or the local cases, but it happens every fricken day!

The second part that pisses me off is that because he was able to pay off the family, he receives a 30 day sentence? I know some of you think that 30 days is alot, and combined with the community service, loss of license and probation is enough for the crime that was committed. This is where I will never agree! A human life was taken, even if there was some fault from that individual. In my opinion, it is no accident when you are drunk behind the wheel and I have a hard time differentiating between drunk driving causing death and randomly firing a hand gun through a crowd. Even at the best of conditions, a vehicle is a dangerous thing and when you drive it while impaired, even more so, equal to that gun in the crowd.

So, those are my opinions! I never meant to ruffle any feathers, and in true Canadian fashion, I'll apologize to anyone that is or was offended by my posts, thoughts or opinions.

Hawk out!!!

No need to apologize for anything big guy, no need at all. I can completely understand your position. No problem. But Florida law says it can go this way, if you want to be pissed off, be pissed off with Florida, that was my main point. He's not going to play in the NFL this year at the very least, that's another punishment he's gonna receive.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4270311

Goodell suspended him indefinitely

told you guys that would happen.

Goodell is not stupid, you can't have a man who was drunk and killed a man playing in your league.

As much as the whole thing was a HUGE travesty, I am sure Goodell told Stallworth to take this time to get his life in order. His time in the NFL is over.

seriously the chick who killed my brother called my mother every single day on the anniversary until she finally put a bullet in her head and that was just on wet roads.

from all the circumstances we know it genuinely looks like it was an accident. Stallworth blew what you can get from eating Altoids and the person shouldn't have been walking across the road.

it's easy as poo for all of you armchair fascists to scream for the death penalty but these things are far more complex and his plea bargain undoubtedly contained a massive settlement that the family of the victim agreed to and by keeping him out of the league you're stopping him from taking care of said family.

so in essence you're all horrible

seriously the chick who killed my brother called my mother every single day on the anniversary until she finally put a bullet in her head and that was just on wet roads.

from all the circumstances we know it genuinely looks like it was an accident. Stallworth blew what you can get from eating Altoids and the person shouldn't have been walking across the road.

it's easy as poo for all of you armchair fascists to scream for the death penalty but these things are far more complex and his plea bargain undoubtedly contained a massive settlement that the family of the victim agreed to and by keeping him out of the league you're stopping him from taking care of said family.

so in essence you're all horrible

Sorry for your loss.

Just like the girl, Stallworth will live with that forever. That itself is a prison sentence.

But he wont play in the NFL again, or shouldnt. Not because I think he is a bad person, I dont (i think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time), but I think he cannot continue in the NFL after he used such poor judgement.

I hope he can move on in his life and reconcile this transgression.

his poor judgement was drinking and driving, which plenty of nfl players have done and still play. hell, panthers have had duis.

the consequences were tragic, but why shouldn't he be allowed to play again?

Archived