• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

This is crazy. He was driving drunk at 7am, guess this isn't that unusal in Miami but sounds a little off to me. Anyways driving drunk and hits and kills a man and only gets 30 days.

I do have to give Stallworth credit from what I've read and heard he has taken full responsiblity for his actions and has cooperated with the investigation. I think the people I am confused by is the DA's. It sounds like they were respecting the wishes of the victims family to put a quick end to this, but that dosen't mean you pretty much let the guy walk. If you can't strike a harsher deal then 30 days then even if it hurts the victims family you have to move this to trial. They are not there to only protect the family but to protect society.

you ever go out on a night of hard boozing?? I have blown .08 around noon after a long night of drinking while I was in college

you ever go out on a night of hard boozing?? I have blown .08 around noon after a long night of drinking while I was in college

That's what I'm saying right there. I don't know about you guys, but after a night of drinking and maybe a little nappy, if I get up at 7 a.m. to drive home (done it before many times) I, maybe wrongfully, assume I'm good if I'm not buzzing at all anymore. I also don't have a breathalyzer just lying around my car to test myself for my exact blood alcohol level. But that's just me.

Vick was a danger to the public. Anyone who will torture dogs has mental problems, similar to serial killers. Stallworth, although very stupid had no real intent of hurting anyone. Vick, on the other hand,had intent and tortured, killed and tormented innocent dogs. I personally dont give a damn about the dogs, but I do care about freaks like Vick who could do the same kind of sadistic things to people.

And don't say it he is the one solely at fault and he so he should be gone for many years. because if that was the cause, the victim was a criminal for jaywalking.

If Stallworth is not on the road anymore, he is no longer a danger to the public.

I'm a lawyer, so I had to throw that out there. It is a lenient sentence, IMO.

But it is on the books in Florida if they can make a financial agreement with the family of the deceased, therefore familiar compensation for the death has been established. Not necessarily a bad thing considering it also comes with jail time albeit smail, 10 years probation, permanent loss of driving privileges and a fine. Seems about right to me, that's some harsh poo?...

But it is on the books in Florida if they can make a financial agreement with the family of the deceased, therefore familiar compensation for the death has been established. Not necessarily a bad thing considering it also comes with jail time albeit smail, 10 years probation, permanent loss of driving privileges and a fine. Seems about right to me, that's some harsh poo?...

Some people are just blood thirsty.

If Stallworth is not put away for life and tortured for accidentally killing someone who was jaywalking. I feel bad for the guy who got hit, but I mean it wasnt illegal to hit the man, it was just illegal that he had been drinking. If stallworth targeted the man and ran up on the sidewalk, then it would be a different issue.

Some people are just blood thirsty.

If Stallworth is not put away for life and tortured for accidentally killing someone who was jaywalking. I feel bad for the guy who got hit, but I mean it wasnt illegal to hit the man, it was just illegal that he had been drinking. If stallworth targeted the man and ran up on the sidewalk, then it would be a different issue.

Yes, that was what the DA thought or he would have gone after him. It's an accident where the victim was also culpable in the problem. It would have been terribly hard to prove the case to the jury, in a trial, he would likely have been found not guilty. But he stood up and accepted his fate. Actually, I think that him coming up and accepting responsibility for it made it much harder on him than it would have been had he not. They had little they could prove, but he stood up and was a man. Don't know why he's being crucified for it... Really, all told, 30 days, the fine, the public service, the 2 year house arrest, the 10 year probation and permanent loss of license, he's paid a hard price for an accident, despite what you may think...

Yes, that was what the DA thought or he would have gone after him. It's an accident where the victim was also culpable in the problem. It would have been terribly hard to prove the case to the jury, in a trial, he would likely have been found not guilty. But he stood up and accepted his fate. Actually, I think that him coming up and accepting responsibility for it made it much harder on him than it would have been had he not. They had little they could prove, but he stood up and was a man. Don't know why he's being crucified for it... Really, all told, 30 days, the fine, the public service, the 2 year house arrest, the 10 year probation and permanent loss of license, he's paid a hard price for an accident, despite what you may think...

Agreed.

Archived