• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

This is why many people can empathize with Stallworth's situation. I would bet that many people who first heard of what Stallworth did initially thought: "Man that sucks for Stallworth" even before thinking about the guy that died because it is a situation that they can see themselves in. No , not everyone but many if not most people did think that way. Not right or wrong...just human nature.

30 days is not enough though....... I don't know all the details but it seems like is hard to be mad at Stallworth. Be mad at the system, the prosecutor, and the victim's family for taking the money and letting them settle on this sentence.

Johnny you're just no fun lately, you keep making way too much sense...

I wonder what the NFL's position willl be on his playing status.

Once he plead guilty, it's a guarantee that the NFL will act on him.

The sentence actually makes some sense to me along with the financial settlement... he did only get 30 days jail time, but he also got 1000 hours of community service and 10 years probation. Maybe the DA and judge are thinking that since he is a pro ball player he can do more good with that community service than being locked up and IF the probation works like it should, he had better keep his poo straight for a very, very long time or face much more serious consequences.

Plus a lifetime ban on getting a drivers license. He will have to have a driver for the rest of his life. But he won't get any more DUI's...

Yeah, that two years house arrest is interesting... I'm sure the NFL will suspend him, but I wonder if they'll do like Vick and wait until he's completed all of that sentence, the 30 days plus the two years house arrest to ever reinstate him? His football career could potentially be over if that is the case as we're talking about 2 or three years of down time.

Now you're talking! I wish they would mandate NO cellphone, reading papers, etc. while driving.

My ex used to read novels while driving. I told her I hope she dies in the wreck she get's in because I know she could not live with herself if she killed someone else. She stopped reading...

There is a difference. Even though Stallworth was drunk it was an accident...

I'll be happy when the day comes that being drunk makes it automatic manslaughter! You don't accidentally drink and then drive!

He's a professional football player, of course he'll get special treatment.

exactly...and it's a bunch of bullshit!

I know theres a thread already on stalworth, but theres none on this topic feel free to move or lock it. How the *** does Stallworth get off with 30 days in jail and yet Vick spends 2 years in prison for killing dogs? The guy commited vehicular manslaughter while under the influence and yet he gets 30 days and most likely will be reinstated? While yet they ruined vicks carrer made him out like the devil, made him spend 2 yrs in PRISON, every city hates him, the guy might not get reinstated... People I dont care if its 100 dogs all hanging from a tree found in his mansion that to me should still be less then killing a human. Put in fuking perspective its dogs not humans dogs. This pisses me off so bad.

I take issue with your post. While I value homo sapien life over that of a canis lupis (well, maybe not of my enemies), it's important to realize we are all living on this planet. We have a duty to be has humane to the rest of the species on this planet as possible.

Archived