• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

I'm thinking if the guy hadn't been jaywalking and stallworth hit him on his front porch it may have been a little different. I see what you are saying however, there are different rules for different people in this country.

Yeah, it is different. But 30 days!? Drunk Driving is still drunk driving. This shows that some judges and lawyers still don't think it's big deal in this country, but will throw somebody in jail for a longer amount of time for having a 1/4 bag of weed. Hell I did 6 months for shoplifting!

Yeah, it is different. But 30 days!? Drunk Driving is still drunk driving. This shows that some judges and lawyers still don't think it's big deal in this country, but will throw somebody in jail for a longer amount of time for having a 1/4 bag of weed. Hell I did 6 months for shoplifting!

Once again...I think a lot more of those lawyers and judges can relate to having two glasses of wine at an after work dinner and then driving home than those judges and lawyers that can relate walking around with a 1/4 bag of weed in their pocket or stealing a pair of shoes from the local Kohl's department store.

and Jeffery Dahmer got 15 consecutive life setences for eating people. I don't see the relationship there.

Just a comparison to illustrate how ridiculous a 30 day sentence is. Stallworth kills a man and gets a month, Vick kills some dogs and gets two years. Didn't think it needed to be spelled out, but you proved me wrong.

I actually got a DUI a few months before my sister got hit. I was a little bit over the limit, but I had been drinking since 1:00 pm @ a BBQ, and it was 2:00 in the morning. I walked my own straight line and everything was cool, and I didn't even think much of it. Instead of taking the backroads, I decided to haul ass home on a main street to get there faster, and got pulled over because my car matched a car used in a crime that evening. I got out, did the sobriety tests, passed them all, and then failed the breathalyzer and the cop even apologized as I was getting booked. Had I hit someone that night, I probably would've done many many years for it.

Funny thing is I've been to jail for armed robbery, and the DUI has prevented me from getting more jobs and opportunities than the robbery ever has.

Just a comparison to illustrate how ridiculous a 30 day sentence is. Stallworth kills a man and gets a month, Vick kills some dogs and gets two years. Didn't think it needed to be spelled out, but you proved me wrong.

I am not saying one is worse than the other but the situations can't be compared at all. One was done with malicious intent (repeatedly over a long period of time) and one was not and lying to federal investigators throughout the investigation sure didn't help Mike's prison term length. I just think it is silly to try and compare the two because they are nothing alike.

This is crazy. He was driving drunk at 7am, guess this isn't that unusal in Miami but sounds a little off to me. Anyways driving drunk and hits and kills a man and only gets 30 days.

I do have to give Stallworth credit from what I've read and heard he has taken full responsiblity for his actions and has cooperated with the investigation. I think the people I am confused by is the DA's. It sounds like they were respecting the wishes of the victims family to put a quick end to this, but that dosen't mean you pretty much let the guy walk. If you can't strike a harsher deal then 30 days then even if it hurts the victims family you have to move this to trial. They are not there to only protect the family but to protect society.

Archived