• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

This doesn't sound like a civil wrong but a criminal.

Maurice Clarette is trying to get his sentence cut down. He was caught with a loaded AK47 and loaded handguns. They tazered him, but it didn't take because he was wearing a kevlar vest, on his way to kill someone who was going to testify against him. He was going to kill someone with malice of forethought. He got 2.5 years and is trying to get it reduced. He is not going to have a 2 year house arrest, a 10 year probation, a permanent drivers license revocation. Now let's talk fair.

Also, regarding Stallworth's sentence, if the family agrees with it, I really can't imagine any of us has any standing to say otherwise. You have a right to your own feelings, but this is their loss, not yours. I've said many times it's silly to think you can tell anyone else how to grieve, and that applies here too.

Forget your being Gantt or Fowler, I think you're Florio! :D

So the Reyes family agreed, not necessarily because they understand the nuances of Florida’s DUI manslaughter law, but because they developed a sense that justice was done via, in large part, the civil settlement.

And we’ve got no problem with that. Nothing will bring back Mario Reyes. In the end, his family members need to believe that justice was done. In this case, they do. Isn’t that what really matters?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/19/was-the-stallworth-sentence-too-light/comment-page-2/#comments

There are some pretty interesting comments by posters on that piece too, as well as a link to an article by Cornwell.

Now this, Jim Brown implies MJ may have been involved also.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/19/jim-brown-suggests-that-marijuana-was-involved-in-stallworth-accident/#comments

The one thing I don't think people have brought up about Stallworth that may have played a part in Goodell's thinking is that Stallworth has been in the substance program prior to this. And has been caught even when he was in NO I believe.

I hope I don't get a ton of negative rep for saying this, and I think it is waaayyyy to lenient and it is because of money, but they often throw the book at someone who has any alcohol in their system when bad things happen and I hate it. Not saying this went the way it should have though. My little sister got smashed into by a guy who was right at the limit in California at .08 and thus was considered a drunk driver. My sister was sober and completely ran a red light and the guy hit her and he got all kinds of DUI related charges and felonies and everything. She knew it was her fault and even went to court for him to say it was because she felt horrible that he was gonna get screwed because of that. After the accident the guy got out and came to check on her and was coherant and rational and kind. I know a man died and it's a horrible tragedy, but I read somewhere that he was jay walking and kind of came out of nowhere. May just be Donte's lawyer's version though, so I don't know.

NEG REP!!!!

The thing they left out was the other guy was drunk too that's why he was laying in the road. Kinda like two wrongs happened there and that's prob why he got out light.

Archived