• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stallworth gets 30 days for murder.

Kevin Greene

I hope I don't get a ton of negative rep for saying this, and I think it is waaayyyy to lenient and it is because of money, but they often throw the book at someone who has any alcohol in their system when bad things happen and I hate it. Not saying this went the way it should have though. My little sister got smashed into by a guy who was right at the limit in California at .08 and thus was considered a drunk driver. My sister was sober and completely ran a red light and the guy hit her and he got all kinds of DUI related charges and felonies and everything. She knew it was her fault and even went to court for him to say it was because she felt horrible that he was gonna get screwed because of that. After the accident the guy got out and came to check on her and was coherant and rational and kind. I know a man died and it's a horrible tragedy, but I read somewhere that he was jay walking and kind of came out of nowhere. May just be Donte's lawyer's version though, so I don't know.

I hope I don't get a ton of negative rep for saying this, and I think it is waaayyyy to lenient and it is because of money, but they often throw the book at someone who has any alcohol in their system when bad things happen and I hate it. Not saying this went the way it should have though. My little sister got smashed into by a guy who was right at the limit in California at .08 and thus was considered a drunk driver. My sister was sober and completely ran a red light and the guy hit her and he got all kinds of DUI related charges and felonies and everything. She knew it was her fault and even went to court for him to say it was because she felt horrible that he was gonna get screwed because of that. After the accident the guy got out and came to check on her and was coherant and rational and kind. I know a man died and it's a horrible tragedy, but I read somewhere that he was jay walking and kind of came out of nowhere. May just be Donte's lawyer's version though, so I don't know.

I understand what you're saying. But the second that dude sat down in his car at a .08 he became a drunk driver. He shouldn't have been on the road, whether the accident was his fault or not.

thirty bucks says you've driven drunk before, just like most people. and im talking about the minor buzz driving. Not the completely incoherent drunk driving.

This is why many people can empathize with Stallworth's situation. I would bet that many people who first heard of what Stallworth did initially thought: "Man that sucks for Stallworth" even before thinking about the guy that died because it is a situation that they can see themselves in. No , not everyone but many if not most people did think that way. Not right or wrong...just human nature.

30 days is not enough though....... I don't know all the details but it seems like is hard to be mad at Stallworth. Be mad at the system, the prosecutor, and the victim's family for taking the money and letting them settle on this sentence.

This is why many people can empathize with Stallworth's situation. I would bet that many people who first heard of what Stallworth did initially thought: "Man that sucks for Stallworth" even before thinking about the guy that died because it is a situation that they can see themselves in. No , not everyone but many if not most people did think that way. Not right or wrong...just human nature.

30 days is not enough though....... I don't know all the details but it seems like is hard to be mad at Stallworth. Be mad at the system, the prosecutor, and the victim's family for taking the money and letting them settle on this sentence.

this.

Here in Winston one of our part time on the weekend type News Casters was driving drunk a couple of years ago lost control of his car and hit a guy sitting on his front porch and killed him. I think he got 5 years but got out in a 1.5. He showed real remorse at the time and continued to after and still got a time.

This is really sad that people can't get the same type of treatment, be black or white, rich or poor.

Here in Winston one of our part time on the weekend type News Casters was driving drunk a couple of years ago lost control of his car and hit a guy sitting on his front porch and killed him. I think he got 5 years but got out in a 1.5. He showed real remorse at the time and continued to after and still got a time.

This is really sad that people can't get the same type of treatment, be black or white, rich or poor.

I'm thinking if the guy hadn't been jaywalking and stallworth hit him on his front porch it may have been a little different. I see what you are saying however, there are different rules for different people in this country.

Archived