• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bernardeau hopes strongman skills pay off on field

scpanther22

In anticipation of a greater role with the Panthers this year, the second-year blocker has undergone a remarkable year-round conditioning program — which includes winning a strongman contest. Bernardeau started with the unorthodox training regimen to prepare for the 2008 draft, and liking the results, has continued. So while the rest of his teammates go on vacation over the next month, he's going to be flipping 600-pound tires and pulling trucks with a rope.

That's likely to change this year, as he's slated to be the top backup at center and both guard spots. He'll be filling the role once held by Geoff Hangartner

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1411704.html

I saw this article and it looked pretty interesting, Bernardeau should have taken all the back up Offensive Lineman up their with him. Leave Kalil, Wharton, Vincent, Otah, and Gross to work with the Panthers O-Line coaches. Then send guys that have already made the team or have a legit chance of making the team up their to train such as...Mackenzy Bernardeau, Geoff Schwartz, Gerald Cadogan, Jonathan Palmer, Keith Gray, Duke Robinson, and Justin Geisinger.

Magnus ver Bernardeau?

I've seen UFC guys train like that. Could be interesting.

I am not sure why he put the name Magnus in their. I think it may be a comparison to Magnus Samuelson (one of the World's Strongest Man Champions and also the winner of the Swedish version of Dancing of the Stars, not that, that is really important.)

These types of workouts are great to mix in with traditional weight work. It really shocks the muscles and uses muscles involved in football that a traditional workout might not touch.

We used to push pick up trucks, flip tires, etc. during the days we weren't in the gym lifting.

These types of workouts are great to mix in with traditional weight work. It really shocks the muscles and uses muscles involved in football that a traditional workout might not touch.

We used to push pick up trucks, flip tires, etc. during the days we weren't in the gym lifting.

Hell me n you still carry a spare tire around just for shits and giggles

Archived