• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheldon Richardson, is he even a good fit here?

CardiacCats

Sheldon Richardson is my 3rd favorite DT behind Star and Floyd, and my 2nd favorite player behind Tavon at no.14.

He is definetley worth the pick. People dislike him there bc he's another under-tackle. I dont care. Why?

(1) Sheldon is a pure pass rusher in the interior

(2) He's solid at the point of attack; wont get push around like a Fua.

(3) The most important thing is, his ability to demand teams to double team him.

Demand a double team? In college yes, NFL No. A good OG is going to handle a 285-295 DT.

NO to Micheal Crabtree 2.0 Austin,

No to a DT under 300 LBs Richardson.

Demand a double team? In college yes, NFL No. A good OG is going to handle a 285-295 DT.

?

So you don't want him because he is 5 pounds under 300?

1 night at The Waffle House can fix that.

We need some beef up front not a tweener like Richardson.

Hell Hardy at 299 is probably as athletic as Richardson and he did nothing when he moved to DT.

Dude is just as strong as your beef guys. He did put up 30 reps on the bench at the combine. Plus SUh was only 7 pounds heavier when he came out.

What! LMFAO

Sheldon can gain a good 10-15 pounds pushing him to 310-315. Geno Atkins is 300 and Ratliff is 303 playing NT. It's how much you weigh. It's the lower body strength.

And Tavon is a Crabtree 2.0? LOL. Please quit. I'll take it as a compliment since Crabtree has become a very good receiver.

What! LMFAO

Sheldon can gain a good 10-15 pounds pushing him to 310-315. Geno Atkins is 300 and Ratliff is 303 playing NT. It's how much you weigh. It's the lower body strength.

And Tavon is a Crabtree 2.0? LOL. Please quit. I'll take it as a compliment since Crabtree has become a very good receiver.

Really. It took Crabtree four seasons to have his first 1000 yd receiving. We don't have 4 years.

This isn't college. What did Richardson do before 2012? Never heard of him till last season. This guy would be a 2nd rounder in any other year. This years weak draft is the only reason why we are talking about him in the 1st.

I hope we don't. Richardson will be a bust.

their is no weight limit for a DT, its about tech and ability. Jay Ratliff is around 290 but plays NT for a 3-4(switching to 4-3). he had shown the ability to anchor when he has to but he also showed the ability to disrupt the pocket(which Wade liked his NT to do, 1 gap penetrate). that is why i think Kawann Short would be the better prospect because he has shown the ability to do both.

Archived