• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheldon Richardson, is he even a good fit here?

CardiacCats

Richardson's game isnt so different from Fletcher Cox's last year. Cox had the exact same positives and negatives (size and style of play) and had a pretty solid rookie year, including 5.5 sacks.

Richardson reminds me of Hardy a bit, in the way he chases a play down and makes tackles outside of the line on a regular basis. That is a pretty rare trait for an Interior defensive line player, to be able to actually make a play 5-10 yards down the field and towards the sidelines.

He isnt my first choice at #14, but he should become a solid palyer and will make us better if we take him.

You don't spend a first round pick on somebody else just because your 32 year old mid to lower tier DT plays the same role. That goes for every position. If you believe in a player you take him and make room. Drafting for need is overrated. First round picks are all about getting great football players.

You don't spend a first round pick on somebody else just because your 32 year old mid to lower tier DT plays the same role. That goes for every position. If you believe in a player you take him and make room. Drafting for need is overrated. First round picks are all about getting great football players.

totally agreed and i'm glad you included "that goes for every position" tho it will more than likely be ignored.

you go for great or potentially great football players. you look for players who can make what you do better in any phase. the bigger the impact they can have, the better. sometimes it adds to something that is already strong. sometimes it strengthens a weak spot. sometimes it allows you to move on from a higher paid/older player on your roster. sometimes it just opens up new elements.

with the exception of franchise QB (which is the top) you have positions that you like to focus on that you think can be the dominant strength of your team and you build it up. that's what the giants did anyway. that's what a lot of teams do.

if you look at the draft to fill holes, you're constantly going to be over-reaching for players.

say anything about Patterson and he will fight you to the death........... with words.

for some reason this popped in my head when i read that.

"you dare disagree with me?

silence_i_kill_you_.png".

of course he's not nearly alone in that. he just does it more.

for some reason this popped in my head when i read that.

"you dare disagree with me?

silence_i_kill_you_.png".

of course he's not nearly alone in that. he just does it more.

10x more. i also find it funny that things he knocks Patterson for, he is willing to let go for Richardson.

10x more. i also find it funny that things he knocks Patterson for, he is willing to let go for Richardson.

I find it odd this thread wasn't even about PATTERSON . But when he is brought up I'm brought up. Do i have to worshipped the field he plays on to get my name and his name detached?

I find it odd this thread wasn't even about Patterdon . But when he is brought up I'm brought up. Do have worshipped the field he plays on to get my name and his name detached?

nah it is just funny that you hate Patterson so much that you are willing to argue people to death about his flaws but yet you take a blind eye to Richardsons.

nah it is just funny that you hate Patterson so much that you are willing to argue people to death about his flaws but yet you take a blind eye to Richardsons.

That's the problem. If I don't agree with your opinion on him then I must hate him. Not once did I say anybody in this thread who didn't want Richardson hated him. But the rules are different when talking about Patterson.

Archived