• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheldon Richardson, is he even a good fit here?

CardiacCats

Brandon Williams and Kawaan Short can get into the backfield too, point? Richardson isn't as rare of a prospect as you label him to be. He's explosive and athletic but he also gets bullied by average OL with 10-20 lbs on him.

He also beats them to. This whole idea that he gets pushed around all the time is getting stupidly over played.

Have you not seen Short's tape? Or Brandon's, especially, for that matter. Williams moves like a LB and has a very high motor for a NT.

No, it's not. Richardson getting manhandled is virtually present on every highlight film. Call it stupid all you but it's his biggest weakness. He's a good pass rusher, but a weak run stuffer.

I have and neither were playing against SEC oline. Most of which will be drafted in the 1st 3 rounds. I like Short and Williams as well. But you're not going to sit here and act like Short and Williams against the same Olines wouldn't get pushed around.

Ummm, who cares? Half of the League's best DTs didn't come from the SEC (ex. Ngata, Suh and Wilfork). That SEC angle is incredibly overused in debates and rarely holds value.

And yes, I'm gonna sit here and tell you that. Both Short and B. Williams held their own, and impressed at the Senior Bowl. Brandon was double teamed and he still managed to beat them on a few occasions to disrupt the backfield and pressure the QB. Short, on that note, was in the backfield, for what felt like, every other snap.

Seriously, that SEC argumentative point needs to die.

Then you're fuging stupid. If you think it doesn't make difference in the competition you faced. You compare 1 week at the senior bowl to every week facing a guy likely to play in the NFL.

I forgot Conferences USA and the Big East are putting out NFL olinemen every year.

What a stupid comment. Comparing a week at the senior bowl (facing guys one on one) to facing Warmack, Jones and Fluker for a whole game.

Oh yes, may the heavens forgive me for such a comment. The SEC is the Holy Grail of college football even though they've blessed us with hundreds upon hundreds of busts and disappointments this past decade.

Yes, a fudging stupid comment indeed.

3odki3.jpg

Yes it is. Comparing competition at Missouri State division 2. To the competition in the SEC.

Richardson? Hell NO.

Why? Reasons already stated and I doubt he'll be BPA. A lot of guys I'd want instead of him. I'm really not even thinking Richardson. Maybe I am just hoping Warmack or Star will fall or that Austin will be there. I'd be happy with anyone this board mentions except Richardson and somewhat Allen.

Strictly looking at who can fit best, I think Star, Jesse, Brandon, & Sylvester Williams make the grade. Can play 1 through 3 tech. I don't think we need a strict NT or a 3-tech only type moreso a guy that can play with multiple rotations on the line.

Yes, because your logic dictates that players like our very own Kuechly, Beason, C. Johnson, Stewart, Smith, etc and other elite players across the league such as A. Rodgers, Megatron, M. Ryan, V. Miller, Fitzgerald, JJ Watt, etc don't hold a candle to SEC products. That's a flawed argument.

These prospects are individual talents, not squads. Conferences and divisions don't mean diddy squat at the end of the day.

If you're going to make a judgement off a youtube film of each player then you must take into account that one player was facing better talent. Plain and simple. It's not that hard to understand.

It looks like Richardson benched 30 reps which is the same number as Williams.

Sweet observation. Still sucks and is less effective at his job than Williams at his. This guy is a good athlete but folks on here are billing him as a freak and a guy who is a great pass rusher...It is just not true, he is a good athlete who hustles very hard but rarely seals the deal. Combine this with his obvious weakness of power runs at him (his does much better when teams run away from him and he gets chase downs) and I see a guy who is a second round prospect.

Again, your logic is flawed. Plain and simple. If a prospect is talented enough to compete in the NFL, then it doesn't matter if he's facing D-II talent or if he plays in the PAC-10. You're making it seem like the SEC is a breeding ground for NFL success -- it's not. College success doesn't equal Pro-Level success. If it did, then The Golden Calf of Bristol would be a Top 10 QB in the NFL.

It's truly and empathetically that elementary. You would have to be so inane, simple-minded and naive (more so than one of Kim Kardashian's brain cells) to arrive at such a conclusion.

You have to be 1 of the dumbest MFers on this site.

Idiot you are making a judgment from a youtube video. One players is facing Nfl talent the other is facing a future Sales Rep.

Is that your retort? Calling me a dumb MFer doesn't solidify your case. How about you give a legitimate reason as to why playing in the SEC translates into professional success when over half that talent will be seeking civilian careers after they graduate regardless. Assuming, of course, you can formulate a proper debate point.

It doesn't take a scout to see his shortcomings on YouTube, Einstein. If I can see them so vividly, then so can scouts and coaches.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/sec_football_by_the_numbers_nf_5.html

42 SEC players drafted, more than from any other conference. It's the sixth consecutive year in which the SEC has topped the nation's conferences in draft picks. The SEC edged the Big Ten by one selection. The Big Ten led until the final 12 picks, which included South Carolina DB Antonio Allen, Alabama TE Brad Smelley and South Carolina DT Travian Robertson from the SEC and Michigan State RB Edwin Baker from the Big Ten. This year, 16.6 percent of the players picked came from the SEC. The SEC record for most players in one draft is 56 in 1951, when 15.5 percent of the players picked came from the SEC. The highest percentage of drafted players from the SEC in one year came in 2010, when the 49 picks from the conference made up 19.2 percent of the draft class.

139 Consecutive rounds in which at least one SEC player has been picked. The most recent round without an SEC selection was the second in 1993. Since that round, at least two SEC players have been picked in every round except four. This year, nine SEC players were picked in the first round, five in the second round, two in the third round, 10 in the fourth round, six in the fifth round, four in the sixth round and six in the seventh round.

65 Consecutive drafts in which at least one SEC player has been selected in the first round. This year, nine SEC players were first-round picks. The most recent NFL draft in which an SEC player was not selected in the first round was 1947, although the first SEC player picked that year, LSU B Red Knight, was taken by the Redskins with the 17th selection, which would have put him in the middle of the first round this year.

Now show me the Division 2 stats in the draft??

Archived