• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheldon Richardson, is he even a good fit here?

CardiacCats

Seriously I know he's not an NT, and neither is Dwan. Dwan is kind of like our pass rushing DT, so we need more of an NT type beside him like Star or Jesse Williams. Am I right about this? It just seems like tons of mocks have us taking Sheldon and I don't even think he'd be a good fit here.

Yeah Ive always wonderd because we already have a 3 tech. Maybe for the future? Dwan is old, so if we draft Richardson we'd have decent pass rush from the inside for at least a few years.

Yeah and that makes sense, but with what Gettleman has done this offseason he seems to be set on giving Rivera the talent to win this year and make the playoffs so we see if he has what it takes to be our coach of the future. So I just don't expect us to take a guy who won't even be playing a big role in his first season when the goal is win next year. I bet Gettleman takes a guy to fill a position of need with our first pick, not a guy who wouldn't even start as a rookie. But what the hell do I know.

Yeah Ive always wonderd because we already have a 3 tech. Maybe for the future? Dwan is old, so if we draft Richardson we'd have decent pass rush from the inside for at least a few years.

but we'll still be a team that can be run on at will.

i don't have a problem finding dwan's replacement. i do have a problem with us not addressing the run D. we have to have a run stuffer.

Sheldon Richardson is my 3rd favorite DT behind Star and Floyd, and my 2nd favorite player behind Tavon at no.14.

He is definetley worth the pick. People dislike him there bc he's another under-tackle. I dont care. Why?

(1) Sheldon is a pure pass rusher in the interior

(2) He's solid at the point of attack; wont get push around like a Fua.

(3) The most important thing is, his ability to demand teams to double team him.

Have we even met with or worked him out? I don't see him as a Rivera type DT to be honest. He gets mauled in the run game and doesn't play up the field with any kind of consistency.

I see us being interested in Star Lotulelei, Bennie Logan, Jesse Williams, Kawann Short. Those type of guys that seem to give a ton of effort, have upside and leadership qualities and have produced.

but we'll still be a team that can be run on at will.

i don't have a problem finding dwan's replacement. i do have a problem with us not addressing the run D. we have to have a run stuffer.

Some of the better run stop teams last season like: Bucs, Rams, Seattle were teams who played with "two UTs". just a FYI

on passing downs hardy, dwan , sheldon, and cj is going to be a problem for the league to handle. i would mind him if we can pickup a good NT in FA or the Draft. were in a pass happy division and league so having the best pass rush in football would we great in my eyes

I'm just not much of a fan of Richardson and get bored reading mocks where virtually everyone has Richardson pegged to us. He gets washed out of plays too easily. We need a run stuffer and I'm thinking we will get him in the second round. The name to keep an eye on is Brandon Williams because I do not believe Jesse will fall to 44 after the workouts he had at Bamas' pro day.

Have we even met with or worked him out? I don't see him as a Rivera type DT to be honest. He gets mauled in the run game and doesn't play up the field with any kind of consistency.

To my knowledge, we haven't met with any 1st round projected prospect as of yet. The first will be in six days with Keenan. So, dont assume anything just yet that we're not interested in him.

good point and ive thought about it over and over and over

which dt is there at 14? or BPA very well could be him...

Id much rather have a different player and its why ive consistently said we should trade back.

sometimes draft analysis feels like chasing a tail i dont have lol

Archived