• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Marshall

dizz

If there's no labor deal made before the offseason, the Broncos don't even have to even franchise him. In the event of an uncapped year, a player will need 6 (not 4) years in the league to be unrestricted. Since Marshall is entering his 4th year, he'll be an RFA at the end of 09. Denver could slap a high tender on him (which would be roughly under $3M) and call it a day. I'm guessing Marshall's agent has gotten into his ear with his info. And I bet this will be the case with many 05 and 06 draftees - especially if it becomes likely that 10 will be uncapped.

Unfortunately for Marshall, he has that baggage to deal with. Maybe Baltimore takes a stab, thinking he's the missing piece (Chicago notsomuch, unless they don't want to draft until 2015).

If there's no labor deal made before the offseason, the Broncos don't even have to even franchise him. In the event of an uncapped year, a player will need 6 (not 4) years in the league to be unrestricted. Since Marshall is entering his 4th year, he'll be an RFA at the end of 09. Denver could slap a high tender on him (which would be roughly under $3M) and call it a day. I'm guessing Marshall's agent has gotten into his ear with his info. And I bet this will be the case with many 05 and 06 draftees - especially if it becomes likely that 10 will be uncapped.

Good point.

Archived