• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Marshall

dizz

Hi Panthers fans. I am a Denver Broncos fan but my NFC team is Carolina. I also live here in Carolina. Anyhow, as some of you may know, we are having problems with our star #1 receiver Brandon Marshall and some people are contemplating how we can move him and what we can get in a trade.

As ardent fans of the Panthers, do you see the possibility of interest in B Marsh and if so do you think a deal can be done for say Peppers?

Look I know Peppers is a beast and he is worth WAY more than B Marsh in real money and also real value, but what do you do when a player doesnt want to play for your team?

I love CAR and hate to see Peppers go, but if he does get moved as he requested, there is no other team I'd like to see him on than my AFC team the Denver Broncos.

Just trying to get the community pulse on the Peppers thing, and also the opinion on the value of B Marsh from objective parties.

GO CAR!!!

Peppers may or may not want to play for the Panthers anymore, but the Panthers have a different mindset. They want him to play for them. So sit at home and make nothing or come to work and make 17 million. Not a hard decision...

I hear you man, and you're right. I don't want to see you guys get screwed by B Marsh like hes trying to do us Broncos. The guy is trouble. I just hope we can move him and get some kind of compensation relative to his onfield production.

B Marsh is a playmaker, but he is no Peppers when it comes to character.

Go CAR!

It's a tough scenario when players ask to be traded. You want your guys to be happy and you want them to be on the same page as your team when they are on the field. So I usually fall into the group that say, if a guy wants to be traded, go ahead and trade him.

However, Peppers high character seems to not undermine a teams goals and schemes even after a trade request, where as in our case in Denver, take Cutler for instance, if we kept him, there would have been problems in the future, guaranteed. Now we have this Brandon Marshall situation, and I think he will end up being a problem if we force him to stay.

In my opinion, Marshall has little leverage, so we could force him, but what will that solve? Unhappy players on the team is not the kind of atmostphere any organization wants, no?

I love Peppers and wish him all the best.

idk, he has skills but is quite wishy washy season to season. I'd honestly rather us just get some good picks for him as well as we've been drafting in my opinion. Moose,Smith, and I'd put money down that Jarrett has at least 500 yards this season, I'm more worried that he gets us some touchdowns and clutchdowns.

I think just about everyone on here will agree that such a trade is not only unlikely given the circumstances, but is also a trade that would be unlikely under any circumstances. Player-for-player trades are very rare. So I won't even address the feasibility part of the question.

Take the following with a grain of salt - I'm not in the know when it comes to the Broncos and the daily happenings of the Brandon Marshall holdout. With that said...

Marshall has good reasons for wanting a raise and a new contract before his rookie contract is up - obviously the guy has way outperformed his rookie, fourth-round selection contract. But the Broncos have very good reasons for not giving him a new contract either - just a few run ins with the law, and by few I mean a dozen, plus the injury issues. Ultimately, the organization is going to get what they want 99% of the time - they hold the cards. He can sit out and they can say "fine, enjoy the couch."

If he performs again this year, stays out of trouble, and doesn't get injured, I'm willing to bet that the Broncos will give him a new contract. He'll probably be bitter and demand a trade. They may or may not franchise, and all of a sudden you could have yourself a situation very similar to the Peppers situation here. It doesn't look good. Best you can do is hope that he comes out with a chip on his shoulder and destroys people on the field. After all, that is what he does. He's nasty in every way and some of the best corners in the league are literally scared of the guy. But so is the rest of America...who's a*s is he going to kick next? Dude might beat up a toddler if he looked at him wrong.

Peppers has character? You wouldn't know it from reading the Huddle.

In all seriousness, Peppers reportedly sent a text to someone saying he'd be at training camp, so it sounds like he intends to play for Carolina next season. Frankly, Carolina knows what they have in Peppers and will do what it takes to retain his services for another year at the very least.

The Panthers are not far away from being a serious contender, and a dominant pass rush of Peppers, Brown and Johnson (PB & J, was it) would go along way this season.

Archived