• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawann Short

Toundra

Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.

Yeah the kid is a beast. He's probably been the most productive DL in this draft. If it wasn't for the inconsistent motor he'd be a sure fire 1st round pick. I hope he falls but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't.

Another thing is that Short, like several of the top DL, will be 25 by the time next season ends, which I found interesting.

Watched a lot of his videos. He seems to lack mobility side to side, Also he seemed to give up on plays quite often. Out of the 2nd round dt's, my favorite is Sylvester Williams.

I don't think he'll be there in the 2nd but if he is I'd take Williams too. One of my favorite players in the draft.

I've been on the Short wagon since the beginning of the year. I think he represents the best value in the draft. I wouldn't mind taking him outright at 14 but we could probably trade back and still get him. Nobody in this class has his level of productivity.

I've been on the Short wagon since the beginning of the year. I think he represents the best value in the draft. I wouldn't mind taking him outright at 14 but we could probanly tarde back and still get him. Nobody in this class has his level of productivity.

his tackles for loss and sacks the past 2 years cant be touched.

people will be kicking themselves for passing on Short imo

has a real nose for the ball and getting in the backfield.

He takes plays off and is really inconsistent, but he does have potential to be good if a coach keeps him going. I think there will be better options for us, but hopefully we can get our DT and WR of the future with our first two picks.

Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.

the problem is that he has that potential and his highlight clips look awesome, but when people have taken time to actually look at whole games they don't see anything close to that the rest of the time. i've heard several say he is the most or one of the most frustrating prospects because of how good he is in flashes but how bad he is most of the time. no one knows who is the guy that's going to get drafted. that's why he's slipped so far.

these comments from greg cossell are pretty typical:

"He was a very frustrating player to watch. I think he's a splash player with some desirable traits, but a glaring lack of consistent effort and execution. He teased. He has plus attributes, but he did not play to them consistently. I thought effort was a concern, and he did not play with a lot of competitive urgency."
to me this just screams "let him be someone elses headache." he may pay off, but i'd rather go after other guys....even at DT.

Archived