• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fun weekend with Aaron Rodgers

RockyTopVol

I just got back from the most incredible wedding I've ever even heard of. It was in D.C., where the rehearsal dinner was on the roof of the Hay-Adams Hotel, and the reception was in the Capitol Hill Suites.

Along with various members of Congress, the wedding had a fun cast of characters in attendance. To start with, there were four current UT players there along with Coach Phil Fulmer and his family. Then, I noticed that I really recognized a dude that was there with one of the other bridesmaids...my wife was a bridesmaid too. After staring him down for a while, I realized it was Aaron Rodgers.

He was very approachable, and truly a cool guy. I pretty much just posted up by him and former Vol, Robert Peace, for most of the night.

I told Aaron about the time that my friend was asked to host a party and show this high school recruit around (trying to get him to sign with Tennessee). That recruit was Brian Brohm. Well, we took care of lots of recruits in my time at UT, but this kids was the dorkiest I had ever met. He refused to have any sort of fun at all, and I was pretty sure he was gay with all of the fine ladies that approached him that night.

Anyway, I told Aaron that story, and he just came right out with it. He said, "I love Matty Flynn. He's got a lot of talent and he's a cool guy...but Brohm is a big douche. He has zero personality, and it's just awkward to be around him."

Other highlights of my conversation with him were when he promised to put up "big numbers" this year for fantasy football, and when he made fun of Vince Young.

I don't get a chance to meet a lot of NFL players, unless they are former Vols. Just wanted to share.

Don't think it's smart of him to talk like that about teammates to a guy he doesn't know either. Public figures always need to be cognizant of their audience.

Glad you had a blast though. Not surprised he thinks Brohm is a jerk, Petrino liked Brohm after all.

No it isn't likely. That's not the point though. The guy is supposed to be a leader on his team. You don't talk bad about teammates publicly (and yes that is publicly in my eyes) especially to people you don't know. It's about doing the right thing. If he bitches to his wife about what a jerk Brohm is, fine. A stranger, not so much.

I had co workers I disliked immensely but I never bitched about them to my vendors even though I knew a lot of my vendors pretty well.

No it isn't likely. That's not the point though. The guy is supposed to be a leader on his team. You don't talk bad about teammates publicly (and yes that is publicly in my eyes) especially to people you don't know. It's about doing the right thing. If he bitches to his wife about what a jerk Brohm is, fine. A stranger, not so much.

I had co workers I disliked immensely but I never bitched about them to my vendors even though I knew a lot of my vendors pretty well.

I see your point. Still, I don't think this thread will get him caught for agreeing with some one at a wedding about how weird a fellow teammate is. I hope not, at least.

Very true...Not so smart on Rodgers part. You would think he would know better. Doesn't say much about him. Must have been all the free booze talking.

And yes I think Brohm will read this.......I just sent a link to Brohm's facebook page, his official fanclub website, PFT, John Clayton, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, the Packers message board, TMZ, XYZ, ........... :D

oh, and I copied Vince Young on that also so he knows he was talking smack about him also......but then again, who isn't....

I see your point. Still, I don't think this thread will get him caught for agreeing with some one at a wedding about how weird a fellow teammate is. I hope not, at least.

I hope you didn't take what I said as slamming you at all because I am not trying to do that in any way.

I think pretty much anyone would post a story if they met celebs/public figures. You did nothing wrong in my book.

lol @ JR! Surely you realize that with a 6 Wonderlic score VY probably can't read!!!!! :P

I just got back from the most incredible wedding I've ever even heard of. It was in D.C., where the rehearsal dinner was on the roof of the Hay-Adams Hotel, and the reception was in the Capitol Hill Suites.

Along with various members of Congress, the wedding had a fun cast of characters in attendance. To start with, there were four current UT players there along with Coach Phil Fulmer and his family. Then, I noticed that I really recognized a dude that was there with one of the other bridesmaids...my wife was a bridesmaid too. After staring him down for a while, I realized it was Aaron Rodgers.

He was very approachable, and truly a cool guy. I pretty much just posted up by him and former Vol, Robert Peace, for most of the night.

I told Aaron about the time that my friend was asked to host a party and show this high school recruit around (trying to get him to sign with Tennessee). That recruit was Brian Brohm. Well, we took care of lots of recruits in my time at UT, but this kids was the dorkiest I had ever met. He refused to have any sort of fun at all, and I was pretty sure he was gay with all of the fine ladies that approached him that night.

Anyway, I told Aaron that story, and he just came right out with it. He said, "I love Matty Flynn. He's got a lot of talent and he's a cool guy...but Brohm is a big douche. He has zero personality, and it's just awkward to be around him."

Other highlights of my conversation with him were when he promised to put up "big numbers" this year for fantasy football, and when he made fun of Vince Young.

I don't get a chance to meet a lot of NFL players, unless they are former Vols. Just wanted to share.

:lol:

Thanks for sharing the story!

I hope you didn't take what I said as slamming you at all because I am not trying to do that in any way.

I think pretty much anyone would post a story if they met celebs/public figures. You did nothing wrong in my book.

lol @ JR! Surely you realize that with a 6 Wonderlic score VY probably can't read!!!!! :P

Thanks.

As for VY, he didn't even really say that much about him. One of my friends is a Titans fan, so he said something to the effect of how he wished Aaron was playing for the Titans. Then he joked, "nah man...you guys are set for the future with superstar Vince Young."

Still, my favorite part of the whole weekend was probably watching Phil Fulmer tear it up on the dance floor, while firmly biting his bottom lip, of course.

I don't see any big deal in what was said. Aaron said it so big whoop wanna fight about it? If it does come back he can always deny it. Who really cares??

The question you should have asked Aaron was "What was it like getting nailed out of bounds by Julius Peppers?"

Archived