• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat ranks NFC South Kickers

TerriblePizza

I have always liked Kasey. I really liked him back on 11/30/2003.....

Kasey misses 3 field goals (32,38,49) at home against the Eagles who win the game by 9 points (25-16) it was a glorious day that I remember well.

Hoping for a repeat performance in week 1 of this year!!!!:D

In all seriousness though, there are so many kickers that crush fans spirits with horrible kicks in big moments many times a year and Kasey is not one of them. Panthers have been lucky to have had a relatively consistent guy like him for so many years.

Yeah I agree with Mintal..

Kasay has always been one if re best clutch kikers in the league, he kicked us to victory like, what? 5 times that Super Bowl year, but your going to say he isn't clutch because he miffed one kickoff?

Your putting words in people's mouths, no one said he wasn't clutch, some said, things could have been different if the ball was in bounds.

I have always liked Kasey. I really liked him back on 11/30/2003.....

Kasey misses 3 field goals (32,38,49) at home against the Eagles who win the game by 9 points (25-16) it was a glorious day that I remember well.

Hoping for a repeat performance in week 1 of this year!!!!:D

In all seriousness though, there are so many kickers that crush fans spirits with horrible kicks in big moments many times a year and Kasey is not one of them. Panthers have been lucky to have had a relatively consistent guy like him for so many years.

I like Bryant......all 63 yards of him

Interestingly they are very similar. Both are 39 years old, both are known for long kicks and generally make 85-90% of their kicks. Kasay is a liitle more accurate outside of 50. Neither kick off anymore or at least Elam didn't have kickoff stats since 2002. Kasay sometimes still kicks off.

Don't know who I would want kicking off. If it was a chip shot I might want Elam since those are the ones Kasay seems to miss. If it was beyond 50 then Kasay for sure.

Anyway they are very close to each other in terms of production.

Yeah the going for two was a BS call, but you never know what could have been, if the kick was inbounds.

you would not be saying that had the 2 points been good.sometime them calls pay off and sometime they don't

Archived