• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat ranks NFC South Kickers

TerriblePizza

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-68/Ranking-the-NFC-South-kickers.html

1. Jason Elam, Atlanta. The bottom-line question I asked in making this call was: "Which kicker would you want out there with the game on the line?" That's why I went with Elam.

2. John Kasay, Carolina. I certainly wouldn't mind having Kasay if Elam wasn't available.

3. Matt Bryant, Tampa Bay. Appears the Bucs aren't certain about this guy. But after kicking through a personal tragedy last year, I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

4. Garrett Hartley, New Orleans. Did a good job solidifying a shoddy kicking game when he joined the Saints last year.

5. Mike Nugent, Tampa Bay. Brought in to compete with Bryant. Had shown a big leg before suffering an injury with the Jets.

I hate to admit it, but I almost agree. Kasay has been solid for many years, and he's the original Panther, but he has also fudged some key kicks in the past.

Kasay's been clutch since 1995. You guys need to get over the Super Bowl and learn how to blame the defense/coaching staff for that loss...

He has been clutch for that 99.9% of his life, but you can't deny that we could have possibly won the Super Bowl if that kickoff would not have gone out of bound, and to your other comment of blaming the coaching staff...well there is only so much you can do right when the opposing team knows everything about you (via camera men and spygate).

He has been clutch for that 99.9% of his life, but you can't deny that we could have possibly won the Super Bowl if that kickoff would not have gone out of bound, and to your other comment of blaming the coaching staff...well there is only so much you can do right when the opposing team knows everything about you (via camera men and spygate).

No, I don't have to admit that at all. What if that kick was in bounds and the returner returned it to the 40? Same difference, it's on the defense to keep them from scoring and they couldn't do it. And the coaching staff going for two instead of kicking an extra point twice dictated a different approach late in the game.

No, I don't have to admit that at all. What if that kick was in bounds and the returner returned it to the 40? Same difference, it's on the defense to keep them from scoring and they couldn't do it. And the coaching staff going for two instead of kicking an extra point twice dictated a different approach late in the game.

Yeah the going for two was a BS call, but you never know what could have been, if the kick was inbounds.

Yeah the going for two was a BS call, but you never know what could have been, if the kick was inbounds.

Yeah I know, it could have been run back for a touchdown. I'm really tired of people blaming Kasay for losing that game. If you, (and by that I don't actually mean you personally CarolinaPanthers8789) can't understand that there were many other factors involved and actually think that the Kasay kick is the sole reason for the loss, then there's nothing more to say...

Archived