• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Osi Umenyiora to Atlanta? <yep>

TruCatzFan

how many downs are they planning on having him on the field? i can't imagine him being more than a couple plays a series. far from an every down guy. i hope they try making him an every down guy, tho.

I hope they use him in their 3-4 sets at DE... that would be awesome.

It always amazes me how half of you retarded Panther fans brush poo like this off like it's no big deal but then act like us signing Ted Ginn is going to shake the NFC south to its core.

Pie for the humor, but I think Ginn will be a better than expected addition. NFCS isn't exactly a CB-heavy division to begin with and with teams stacking the box against Newton, his deep speed may prove surprisingly effective.

Honestly, I'm much more worried about Steven Jackson than Osi Umenyora. If you watched any Falcons games last year, Michael Turner was terrible. Steven Jackson, unfortunetly, will be an upgrade over him...not a lateral move. Osi will prob be slightly less or just as productive as Abraham, but I still don't see them being a Super Bowl team. I actually think they finish more like 11-5 or 12-4 to be honest. They had a lot of close wins that won't continue to go their way next year.

I'm not sure Osi is all that good anymore.

Honestly, part of me wonders if he ever was. Maybe he just looked better playing across from Strahan.

glad i wasn't alone in thinking he was more a benefactor of the situation than anything.

I'm just not at all impressed by this signing.

Archived