• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Osi Umenyiora to Atlanta? <yep>

TruCatzFan

Osi Umenyiora weighs all of about 255 lbs.

I've read repeatedly here in the Atlanta fish-wrapper that the Falcan'ts intend to go to lots of 3-4 looks in their defense next year. The Falcons defense sucked ballz last year one reason which was Mike Smith is a 4-3 defense guy and he hired Mike Nolan to run his defense and Nolan is a 3-4 guy. And Nolan intends to move more towards what he knows.

It will be interesting to see Umenyiora play fence-post DE in a 3-4 at his size. Or play OLB in a 3-4, a position he's never played in the NFL.

Osi benefitted from having the other 10 men on the field being good as well.. Not taking anything away but when you have the best front 7, and a not to shabby secondary, you can blitz more and flush the qb out allowing guys like osi to rack up stats. again, not saying he isnt good just that we shouldnt be sweating him.

I'd hate to sound like the others, and belittle this signing, but Giants fans were complaining a lot about his production last year. I think if you asked Gross who'd he rather handle Osi or Abraham? He'd go with Osi.

What? My best guess is you are calling me a Falcons fan.

oh, of course not. all i'm saying is that you're a low content shitposter, basically. nothing you're saying has any bearing on the topic at hand.

it's pretty simple actually. you made these shitposts:

Without those two, if he came here he would be the best free agent we had 7 years.

I'm more laughing at our FA signing's over the last seven years than marveling at Osi's greatness.

and they're worthless on every conceivable level. nothing about the quality of umenyiora as a player, nothing about how his arrival is going to affect the falcons' pass rush or defense, nothing on the topic of how he fills the hole left by abraham. just off-topic bullshit about the panthers' free agent signings and "well if the shoe was on the other foot then the huddle would do this..." to try to be edgy.

Archived