• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strength of schedule?

Working on a thing for the radio show and come up with this neat little tidbit.

I get so mad when people try to throw this around like it means anything. The Panther’s have the supposedly second toughest schedule in the league next year while coming off of a surprisingly weak schedule last year. Yes, the Panthers did face off against a schedule that, when all was said and done, was comprised of teams that went a total of 97-111 and will be facing a schedule of teams that went a total of 123-84. Brutal, right? Well, let’s not be too hasty. Carolina faced off against five playoff teams last year (San Diego, Atlanta, Arizona, New York, and Minnesota) and will be playing against six playoff teams this year (all the previous except San Diego plus Philly and Miami). Against those playoff teams, Carolina had a record of 3-3. One of those wins came against eventual Super Bowl runner ups Arizona whom Carolina eventually lost to in their lone playoff game. Also, the New York loss was in overtime, so its hard to say Carolina didn’t hold their own their. Finally, against teams that finished above the .500 mark last year, Carolina had a record of 8-4. Hardly makes them a team that can’t compete with the big boys. Against teams that finished below .500? 4-0. Assuming this as a guide, we can expect Carolina to finish with a schedule of 11-5 or 10-6 next year (2-1 ratio against the fifteen teams that finished above .500 and 1-0 against the one team that didn’t). Strength of schedule my ass.

Whenever I finish the full article, I'll post it for ya.

Why even try denying this? We have away games at Dallas, N.Y. Giants, N.Y. Jets, New England.

Any game in the Meadowlands, Foxboro and Dallas will be tough just face it. Of course it won't 100% be decided until after but right now it looks very tough.

Archived