• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Show your face

Bwood

I have already stated I do not condone his actions. Frankly I'm disappointed in Bwood for saying these things.

The double standard remains. You said yourself you are not offended by racial slurs. But not everyone is you. People interpret things differently, regardless of race. This very thread is an example of how lenient or how severe the punishment can be depending on which race is insulted.

It's a sensitive issue, but it seems a lot more lop sided depending on the victim.

Yes, everyone interprets things differently, but I'm saying in general... For a non-racist white person, if you call them one of those names, sure it might sting a few seconds, but it doesn't come with all the history and hurt that the stereotypes, slurs, and epithets used towards black people do. It's much easier to shrug that off as a white person, but you're right, everyone interprets things differently. And because I view race as a subjective thing, it means much less to me if someone used a racial insult towards myself.

That being said, the other huge thing that has to be taken into account here, is Bwood had a pretty bad rap sheet on the huddle. So, for him to be the guy that snapped and said that... There's no room for it here. He brought it on himself with his actions and attitudes throughout his time on the Huddle. He didn't do himself any favors with his past behavior.

in a vacuum there is no difference between a white person calling a black person a chocolate milkshake and a black person calling a white person a vanilla milkshake, or a black person calling a white person a honkey pink polar bear or a white person calling a black person a monkey.

however the history of the united states is anything but a vacuum and to pretend one term doesn't carry hundreds of years of brutal connotation to it that the other lacks is ludicrous and feeble-minded.

now back to posting pictures of your faces, be they vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or fountain drink suicide.

in a vacuum there is no difference between a white person calling a black person a chocolate milkshake and a black person calling a white person a vanilla milkshake, or a black person calling a white person a honkey pink polar bear or a white person calling a black person a monkey.

however the history of the united states is anything but a vacuum and to pretend one term doesn't carry hundreds of years of brutal connotation to it that the other lacks is ludicrous and feeble-minded.

now back to posting pictures of your faces, be they vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or fountain drink suicide.

Dan1.jpg

Archived