• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How I See Gettleman Negotiating

chknwing

I loved that scene. Seriously though, I do not think Gettlemen is looking at this as a long range overhaul. I think he is trying to win in 2013. I think he thinks we have the stars in place, he simply needs to find role players. We have a good QB, a good WR, good RBs. On D, we have the pass rushers he talks about, except at the under tackle. We have the best LB corps in the NFL--how many can say they have 3 first rounders playng LB? I think they actually like the progress of our young CBs, but we need a #1.

Gettlemen knows that there are dozens of men he is working with who need a successful 2013 to keep their jobs. While he cannot mortgage the future to win right away, he will do what he can to put a team that can compete on the field right away.

I get the feeling that he will not ignore some positions like Marty did. However, if he can sign 2 starters in free agency and draft 2 starters, the Panthers will be better off in 2013. And seriously think upgrades at CB and S LAST YEAR would have changed the outcome of at least 3 losses--at Atlanta, at Chicago, and Tampa Bay. We are 10-6 if Gamble is healthy and we had a good Safety.

That is only to show how close this team is to competing. When you have a stud QB, you can compete in the NFL every year unless you are Detroit. I saw that written somewhere.

Archived