• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davone Bess?

Panthers4lyfe

• 1 month later...

BUMP.

Didn't wanna make a new thread about it because I remembered we had this one. Now, the Dolphins are indeed shopping Bess and we could use a solid slot and versatile receiver, or at least add one to the mix. Anyone interested in dealing a late round pick for him, or would we rather take our chances on finding a late gem?

The Dolphins haven't even made their decision on Bess yet. They may keep him.

He's in the same boat as LaFell and the rest, really. He is what he is, a likely WR3 ceiling who plays to a WR2 level at times.

i actually think this is a good problem to have, esp. compared to having just a bunch of scrubs lined up after smitty and lafell.

i want a big playmaking WR added, but i also want the WR corps as a whole to be respectable like most passing teams out there. the more we raise the level of talent at the bottom, the better the passing game will be and the more open smitty will be.

We have too many no.3 receivers, no no.2, and only 1 no.1 receiver. So, no.

something like this wouldn't keep up from picking up a potential #1 or #2. something like this would only help the corps. better idea than keeping guys that we hope do well some day if they are given a chance. having that many legit #3s will only make it better for the #1 and #2 and it would be a much better usage of a late round pick.

I would rather see us address our receiver needs in the draft, whether that is taking one at #14 or #44, or if we trade back into the late first round and grab another second round pick, that is where I'd like to see us draft our potential number 2 receiver.

I don't think we need another average receiver.

Archived