• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davone Bess?

Panthers4lyfe

Dolphins now have wallace, hartline and gibson.. leaving bess as the #4 wr making 2mil.. id take davone off their hands for a late round pick. he's a very very good slot reciever who has good hands. always have liked his game and he could be had for cheap. Won't be the next #1 but would be a solid 2/3 and i think could possibly push lafell.. murphy doesnt compare to davone bess. a 6th or 7th?

Eh, nothing against Bess but we have enough 3rd-6th receivers (wouldn't beat out Smitty, a young guy we might take in the draft to be a possibly future #1, or Lafell). Any resources spent on a WR need to be spent on one toward the front of the WR line, not the middle or back, in my opinion.

Eh, nothing against Bess but we have enough 3rd-6th receivers (wouldn't beat out Smitty, a young guy we might take in the draft to be a possibly future #1, or Lafell). Any resources spent on a WR need to be spent on one toward the front of the WR line, not the middle or back, in my opinion.

he said a 7th round not a 1st round. You make it sound like you can find a "front line wr" with a 7th round. Based off fact and history most picks after the 5th round barley makes the team. I will give a 6th or 7th for bess or any proven # 2, or 3 wr any day.

I didn't say anything about 1st round pick. I'd rather our late picks spent on developmental OL or a Kicker or Punter that could start than another Louis Murphy deal. I'm not saying I'd hate it, I don't feel terribly strongly either way, but I'm just saying we have a logjam at middling WRs. We need talent at the top of our WR depth chart, not so much in the middle.

We won't even sign middling WR' s in FA let alone go through the hassle of trading for one. I'm afraid this team is going to limp into next year with a half assed roster and a GM looking to hire his own coach. Not saying that's what it is, just saying that's what I feeling.

I didn't say anything about 1st round pick. I'd rather our late picks spent on developmental OL or a Kicker or Punter that could start than another Louis Murphy deal. I'm not saying I'd hate it, I don't feel terribly strongly either way, but I'm just saying we have a logjam at middling WRs. We need talent at the top of our WR depth chart, not so much in the middle.

what we need and what we can get are 2 different discussions.. I think you may be undervaluing what Bess would bring to the table.

what we need and what we can get are 2 different discussions.. I think you may be undervaluing what Bess would bring to the table.

Maybe. I was optimistic about Murphy last year, I'm trying to steer my optimism away from "maybe on a different team" WRs now though. He could very well be successful here, /shrug

I'd be content going into this season with Smitty and LaFell on the outside with Bess in the slot.. I'd rather go with a 2 TE set, but at least we still have 2 solid weapons over the middle of the field..

obviously finding a true #1 would be ideal, but easier said than done..

Archived