• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

okay AK do you think that if we randomly took 1,000 black males and 1,000 males of varying races from their birth and raised them specifically to be football players at whatever position their body grew into that the black males would statistically perform better than the mixed bag

like you would have a higher percentage of blacks than non blacks get drafted into the nfl

If you raised them ALL to be NFL stars I bet you would see a difference, but I am sure it would be far greater balanced.

There are a lot of variables.

If you raised them ALL to be NFL stars I bet you would see a difference, but I am sure it would be far greater balanced.

There are a lot of variables.

BUT WAIT

if the black males are genetically superior shouldn't they outperform their non ***** brethren?

wow guys-

grow up.

People are different colors, thats the way it is. Race is a PART OF LIFE. There is nothing wrong with people be proud of who or what they are.

Discrimination is the difference.

You feel whites are discriminated against and are upset. I understand. But you should not be upset for someone throwing around FACTS that blacks make up a larger percentage of the NFL.

It's not coincidence

Get over it.

People are different colors, thats the way it is. Race is a PART OF LIFE. There is nothing wrong with people be proud of who or what they are.

this doesn't support your assertion that blacks are genetically predisposed to be better at football

You feel whites are discriminated against and are upset. I understand.

lol no one said this

But you should not be upset for someone throwing around FACTS that blacks make up a larger percentage of the NFL.

what about how you said blacks are genetically predisposed to play in the nfl

They should.

BUT ITS just you pulling a retarded unsupported idea out of your ass.

lol

if blacks are genetically predisposed to be better at football like you said in this very thread than they should outperform everyone else if all things are equal.

do you understand that

can you process how a basic scientific experiment would work

are you sitting in a puddle of urine now?

You feel whites are discriminated against and are upset. I understand. But you should not be upset for someone throwing around FACTS that blacks make up a larger percentage of the NFL.

It's not the fact you brought up (percentage of black players in the NFL) but the racial stereotype you infer from that statistic (blacks are more athletic) that's troubling.

Do you really not see a problem with perpetuating racial stereotypes? I can give you some facts too. Asians have the highest SAT scores for the math section. As far as gender, males perform better on average in math. So if I go to hire an accountant for my business, should I just hire the first asian guy that walks in? What if two people have basically the same skills and resume. Should I give the benefit of the doubt to the asian guy over a white woman?

This is the exact type of thing I see happen in sports time and time again, but because so many people buy into the stereotype the organizations that make racially biased decisions are never held accountable. For the most part, these type of decisions are widely accepted and often times even applauded.

here is some varying opinions from TIME Magazine

Wide Receiver Lynn Swann, of the Pittsburgh Steelers, whose acrobatic catches are reminiscent of ballet, feels that there is no question about it. "If I said that blacks were not athletically superior," he says, "I think I'd be kidding myself. There is something there. It seems like the black athletes are just able to do more things than the other athletes." One of those things is jumping, especially important in basketball. In fact, it is generally acknowledged in the N.B.A. that blacks have a great edge in jumping—so much so that, on the Philadelphia 76ers, a player who cannot jump well is said to have "white guy's disease." Superjumper Julius Erving notes jumping is an ability that can be developed through practice, and points to Denver's Bobby Jones and Buffalo's Gus Gerard as "exceptional jumpers for white guys." Yet he adds that "they aren't compared with other guys like myself who can jump and do something else while they're in the air."

Coach West sees "incredible physical differences" between black and white ballplayers. Says he: "It seems that all the black guys have bigger hands, they're so much quicker, they jump higher. They seem to do everything a little bit better." Chuck Fairbanks, coach and general manager of the New England Patriots, states flatly: "Blacks have the edge when it comes to speed."

It's not the fact you brought up (percentage of black players in the NFL) but the racial stereotype you infer from that statistic (blacks are more athletic) that's troubling.

Do you really not see a problem with perpetuating racial stereotypes? I can give you some facts too. Asians have the highest SAT scores for the math section. As far as gender, males perform better on average in math. So if I go to hire an accountant for my business, should I just hire the first asian guy that walks in? What if two people have basically the same skills and resume. Should I give the benefit of the doubt to the asian guy over a white woman?

This is the exact type of thing I see happen in sports time and time again, but because so many people buy into the stereotype the organizations that make racially biased decisions are never held accountable. For the most part, these type of decisions are widely accepted and often times even applauded.

look I cant speak for discrimination. I am just speaking to the fact that Blacks dominate in sports.

If the better players are to play then that settles it.

It doesnt mean that Whites cant become an NFL star, it just means the % is against them.

Archived