• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

oh btw if you think that AK posting an article saying that blacks from south africa perform better at distances of 5k+ than whites has any bearing whatsoever on whether or not inner city american blacks are genetically predisposed to be better at football than whites and think this is "scientific proof" than you should pretty much just kill yourself

It's not like they simply observed that the Kenyans were running faster and said " Gee they must have better gentics". They used tests and research. Ak's articles aren't the only articles that use evidence to suggest gentices play a part.

Having said that , none of the articles he posted or any on there are the end all to the discussion. This is still somthing we are just learning. But early evidence points to gentics playing parts in it. To what extent is widley unknown

If you disagree and have evidence to the contrary, then I would be happy to see it and have a intelligent talk.

But you can't simply disregard what was shown and say its bs only becasue in your opinon its wrong. Back it up with something other then your opinoin.

also mainmanpanther ak's original assertion which is buried in pages of him backtracking was that inner city youth, driven by their "me against the world" attitude and superior genetics, have an advantage for football.

if you really think the poo AK managed to pull up on google is relevant than explain to me how success of south africans in long distance running translates to a completely different sport in a completely different part of the world but only at some positions

I'm just wondering here, but if it's already been proven that the muscle structure in African American's is different and allows them to be faster, more explosive, and better jumpers. Doesn't that point to them being Predisposed to be better at sports that require those key skills.

I posted the muscle structure differences earlier in this thread. I'm in no way saying that they are Predisposed to be better at football, but if science is saying they are because of a different muscle structure, different muscle fibers, longer tendon's, denser muscles, ext..... Wouldn't that pretty much mean that if they train and practice that they are more likely to succeed where those muscle differences give them a natural advantage?

I'm just wondering here, but if it's already been proven that the muscle structure in African American's is different and allows them to be faster, more explosive, and better jumpers. Doesn't that point to them being Predisposed to be better at sports that require those key skills.

I posted the muscle structure differences earlier in this thread. I'm in no way saying that they are Predisposed to be better at football, but if science is saying they are because of a different muscle structure, different muscle fibers, longer tendon's, denser muscles, ext..... Wouldn't that pretty much mean that if they train and practice that they are more likely to succeed where those muscle differences give them a natural advantage?

So what about tennis, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, etc?

Archived