• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

You didnt answer my question, why are there so many more white QB's now?

are black QB's currently being discriminated against?

Just in the last 10 years the landscape for black QB's even changed.

Why are there only 5 black GM's in the NFL? You dont have to be athletic to be a GM?

Maybe the growing pains of this country take time to dissipate, times are changing.

Why was Warren moon forced to play in the CFL because the NFL wanted him to be a TE- then he goes on to be one of the best QBs and only QB to be in the NFL/CFL hall of fame..

I dont have all the answers, but there are more black QB's in the NFL than EVER- there is something to that.

Why are there only 5 black GM's in the NFL? You dont have to be athletic to be a GM?

Maybe the growing pains of this country take time to dissipate, times are changing.

Why was Warren moon forced to play in the CFL because the NFL wanted him to be a TE- then he goes on to be one of the best QBs and only QB to be in the NFL/CFL hall of fame..

I dont have all the answers, but there are more black QB's in the NFL than EVER- there is something to that.

Well why are all the elite QB's white?(manning, brady, brees)

That must mean white people are born better QB's

so with every position except QB the discrepancy is genetics, but with QB it's racism.

tell me more noted geneticist and anthropologist AKPantherFan

For years Sports and Entertainment have been the only way for blacks in America to achieve a high amount of wealth and recognition, meaning blacks have been more apt to throw everything into the sport.

Excellent points.

Much of the academic woes of young inner city blacks has been laid at the doorstep of absentee fathers and poor parenting, most visibly by our President. Thoughts?

CHICAGO — Addressing a packed congregation at one of the city’s largest black churches, Senator Barack Obama on Sunday invoked his own absent father to deliver a sharp message to African-American men, saying, “We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception.”

“Too many fathers are M.I.A, too many fathers are AWOL, missing from too many lives and too many homes,” Mr. Obama said, to a chorus of approving murmurs from the audience. “They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.”

so with every position except QB the discrepancy is genetics, but with QB it's racism.

tell me more noted geneticist and anthropologist AKPantherFan

i think that the NFL use to think Vick was going to be the new "best QB of all time", he was just a dumbass.

racism has played a large role at the QB position. Any historian of football knows this, its not that much a kept secret.

Around 1,100 black players will be on active rosters in the NFL this upcoming season. That's not 10% of the population. Maybe one day people can stop trying to apply broad sweeping generalizations and stereotypes to millions of people based solely on the accomplishments of a very select few.

Focus here.

That would be 10% of the total US population. Actually it's more like 13%. My bad.

But it's unusual that 13% of a given pool make up 70% of a work force.

Get it?

AKPantherFan is one of the dumbest people I've run across on the Internet and that's saying something. I'm shocked at this thread. Not that Fiz on the other side is much better though....

Hey, Im just 1. Not bad.....

I will consider that a positive for being objective and not turning a blind eye to the facts and stats.

Archived