• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

Yeah, it's really time for some major cleaning house around here so Huddlers can discuss panthers logic/illogic without trollage. I don't know that I've seen this much trollage on any board I've visited, for any team, or anything else...

Pioneering studies by Dr. Eleanor Metheny, who conducted careful anthropometric studies of American blacks 40 years ago, broadly outlined the differences between whites and blacks. Metheny found that, in general, blacks had longer legs relative to total body length and that lower legs were proportionately longer, while thighs were shorter but more muscular than those of whites. "In jumping, the longer leg is evidently an advantage," Dr. Metheny wrote, "since [he] could raise his leg higher. Applying the principle of the lever, the longer lower leg can develop greater velocity at the end and serves as a longer lever with which to push off the ground, thus increasing the distance over which the force can be applied." The same general rules, Metheny found, applied to blacks' arms: on the average, blacks' hands are larger than those of whites, their arms longer, and a short, heavily muscled upper arm propels a long lower arm. Once more, the combination of leverage and musculature favors blacks in throwing.

So........40 years ago...the article was written in 1977.........we're looking at research from 1937 here?

This is funny! wow you white guys must have become really sensitive from those years of opression and racism! oh wait that never happened.

As far as AK point, i think he is right. i think what people are missing is that he is not saying EVERY black person is a better athlete, but a good majority. But of course there are many variables to this location, culture, opportunity and so on.

What wrong with us know is that we are scared of color. Why cant a black man be a black man in any ones eyes? Why do we have to view each other as just another man to be able to accept that person? cant a person be accept as a man and also acknowledge his race and culture?

This is funny! wow you white guys must have become really sensitive from those years of opression and racism! oh wait that never happened.

As far as AK point, i think he is right. i think what people are missing is that he is not saying EVERY black person is a better athlete, but a good majority. But of course there are many variables to this location, culture, opportunity and so on.

What wrong with us know is that we are scared of color. Why cant a black man be a black man in any ones eyes? Why do we have to view each other as just another man to be able to accept that person? cant a person be accept as a man and also acknowledge his race and culture?

You're damned straight we have a sensitivity from years of oppression and racism. That being said you're welcome into my house. I have no problems with black, mexican, etc., I'm fine with them. But just tell me that it's my problem that causes me to feel that way. Until you prove to me that you don't deserve it, you have respect in my eyes. When you do prove that, you don't, it's just that simple, nothing more...

I just dont see a problem with giving credit where credit is due.

Black athletes have fought oppression and discrimination to take a commanding lead in the nations biggest sport (NFL for those who cant keep up)

I will find some scientific research, its out there. But the biggest identifier is the fact that almost 70% of the NFL is black.

Theres no denying that "sour butt hurt white guys"....

Archived