• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

Good job contradicting yourself

You think the guy is racist because he thinks whites are being discriminated against in the NFL?

So wouldnt this statement make you racist?

the site doesnt speak about the white player BEING BETTER and not given a chance to play.

It just talks about the WHITE GUYS who should be playing because they are white.

thats RACIST YOU IDIOT

wHEN IN FACT they are where they should be on the depth chart because of their ability.

You can't have it both ways. Why not just accept that individual achievement is about using the talents and gifts you are born with (that transcends something as simplistic and general as "race") and leave it at that. That would be "getting over it", IMHO.

WELL thats one way to put it without acknowledging that the larger % of NFL athletes are black.

but if thats the way you want to put it, then good for you.

But you are 100% correct that success in life stems from using the individual talents and gifts you are born with.

Sorry, I'm not buying into your limitations or stereotypes. A broad sweeping generalization of an entire race will never govern a specific individuals ability to succeed. You keep your stereotypes and I'll keep doing what I do.

Look I dont live by the stereotype. I will never judge or limit ones ability based on it, but to ignore it doesnt exist and there is some factual information backing it up is wrong.

yoU ARE 100% correct; A broad sweeping generalization of an entire race will never govern a specific individuals ability to succeed.

WELL thats one way to put it without acknowledging that the larger % of NFL athletes are black.

<snip>

Yes there is a greater percentage of black players in the NFL, and the reason for that is far more complex than "black people are better athletes". I've read some articles that complain about the dwindling numbers of blacks playing professional baseball. How does that play into this issue? I'm not looking to debate this, but I am trying to point out that this whole issue can be a slippery slope.

Yes there is a greater percentage of black players in the NFL, and the reason for that is far more complex than "black people are better athletes". I've read some articles that complain about the dwindling numbers of blacks playing professional baseball. How does that play into this issue? I'm not looking to debate this, but I am trying to point out that this whole issue can be a slippery slope.

Yes, you are right. Race is a touchy subject, thats why this thread is 15 pages long.

But we are all adults and should be able to freely speak about it without discriminating.

in the nfl's history you can not name 5 good black quarterbacks in the nfl.in my opinion i just dont think they take the time and effort to learn and read nfl coverages(young,jacksonleftwich,carter, i could go on and on) compared top players like peyton, brady, brees, warner and many more. also if you did a research about all the nfl players arrests in the past 5 years i know for a fact that it would be around 20-1 favoring the african americans. im not racist im just stating the facts that alot of people wont talk about

the site doesnt speak about the white player BEING BETTER and not given a chance to play.

It just talks about the WHITE GUYS who should be playing because they are white.

thats RACIST YOU IDIOT

wHEN IN FACT they are where they should be on the depth chart because of their ability.

So do you think there are current QB's who arent given a chance to play because they are black?

look I cant speak for discrimination. I am just speaking to the fact that Blacks dominate in sports.

like tennis, golf, baseball, and soccer, right?

Pioneering studies by Dr. Eleanor Metheny, who conducted careful anthropometric studies of American blacks 40 years ago, broadly outlined the differences between whites and blacks. Metheny found that, in general, blacks had longer legs relative to total body length and that lower legs were proportionately longer, while thighs were shorter but more muscular than those of whites. "In jumping, the longer leg is evidently an advantage," Dr. Metheny wrote, "since [he] could raise his leg higher. Applying the principle of the lever, the longer lower leg can develop greater velocity at the end and serves as a longer lever with which to push off the ground, thus increasing the distance over which the force can be applied." The same general rules, Metheny found, applied to blacks' arms: on the average, blacks' hands are larger than those of whites, their arms longer, and a short, heavily muscled upper arm propels a long lower arm. Once more, the combination of leverage and musculature favors blacks in throwing.

and this has what to do with blacks being genetically predisposed to be better at football like you originally said and have been dancing around ever since?

also lol yes bring me more forty year old studies from the golden era of genetic research

But there is no denying that blacks are generally more athletic.

what are your criteria for athletic?

i mean certainly if there is NO QUESTION then you should be able to provide a series of sweeping evaluations that show this.

Both-

Generally because statistics support it

Genetically because science supports it

where are your statistics that blacks are more athletic

where is the science that blacks are more athletic. you have the entire damn internet at your disposal.

Yes, you are right. Race is a touchy subject, thats why this thread is 15 pages long.

But we are all adults and should be able to freely speak about it without discriminating.

we should all be adults and be able to back up our claims empirically, which I've been begging you to do, which you still haven't been able to do and won't be because THERE IS NO EVIDENCE

no one is accusing you of being racist. We're all pretty much convinced, however, that you're an ignorant, naive fool who can't back up his crap opinions and hops on the cross whenever he's called out on them.

Archived