• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008: We got an F+

davos

Well you were the one saying the problem in this country was that we didn't talk about race enough. So I figured, if this is indeed the case, you would be open to tell your players how you really felt. You know, that blacks make better athletes, they have superior genetics, the white players have a much slimmer chance of making it professionally.

Its called confidence and dreams, they will grow up soon enough. Its my job to push them to get the most out of themselves wether or not that ever gets them to the NFL.

No- our brains are the same.

But there is no denying that blacks are generally more athletic.

Go to a high school and look in the classes, how do you explain the majority of black people being in standard classes and the majority of white people being in honors and IB classes?

And why is there such a low percentage of black people at ivy league schools and other good colleges?

I don't think its as much racist as it is ignorant.

If you read the forum, many not all, talk and act as if the entire NFL is hugely bias against whites. They think the whole league is run by a caste system.

They critisize teams for not being white enough. Who cares? In stead of rooting for your fellow race, why not just root for your fellow human beings?

Are there stereotypes against whites? Absolutely. But that goes for every race. Not just them. To think the league, coaches, put skin above skill is ridiculous.

Go to a high school and look in the classes, how do you explain the majority of black people being in standard classes and the majority of white people being in honors and IB classes?

And why is there such a low percentage of black people at ivy league schools and other good colleges?

you tell me, that seems to be your argument.

I know we have a black president, use to have a black Secretary of State, and even Colin Powell was able to make it in life.

There is no substitute for determination

Does AK think white people are born better quarterbacks than black people?

No.

I do think because of discrimination black athletes have not had as many chances to play QB at the pro level.

Thats changing though, because we are now in a world were people are valued on their ability and not their color.

AK do you think white people are born better quarterbacks than black people?

Also, wasent Warren Moon the best ever CFL QB? There are a bunch of white people in Canada...

He just got the chance to play based on his ability in a time where the black QB was not given a fair chance in the USA

No.

I do think because of discrimination black athletes have not had as many chances to play QB at the pro level.

Thats changing though, because we are now in a world were people are valued on their ability and not their color.

Good job contradicting yourself

You think the guy is racist because he thinks whites are being discriminated against in the NFL?

So wouldnt this statement make you racist?

No- our brains are the same.

But there is no denying that blacks are generally more athletic.

You can't have it both ways. Why not just accept that individual achievement is about using the talents and gifts you are born with (that transcends something as simplistic and general as "race") and leave it at that. That would be "getting over it", IMHO.

wow-- you guys really need to get over this.

Its the truth, accept it and move on.

Sorry, I'm not buying into your limitations or stereotypes. A broad sweeping generalization of an entire race will never govern a specific individuals ability to succeed. You keep your stereotypes and I'll keep doing what I do.

Archived