• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Signed Drayton Florence

CardiacCats

I can agree to that, but it's hard to make chicken salad with chicken poo. But why add more poo?

Gotta have depth at the position and the fact that they signed him to a 1-year deal means they don't have hardly anything invested in him. The 1-year contract is basically a "put up or shut up" situation for Florence. Either he competes and earns a contract for next year, or he doesn't and finds himself out of the league.

I don't have a problem with bringing him in under those circumstances, especially due to the fact that our secondary currently consists of guys like Thomas, Campbell, Godfrey, Nakamura, and Norman.

i think we'll re-sign capt. or bring in another CB before too long...and by that i mean within the next few days.

sean smith just got signed by the chiefs and teams are probably going to look to see what he signed for to help determine market value and if the price is nice we could see more activity with other CBs.

there is just so many players available the price is going to be low for us to pick up another one. we'll have the room we need.

sean smith just got signed by the chiefs and teams are probably going to look to see what he signed for to help determine market value and if the price is nice we could see more activity with other CBs.

damn, he is one guy i woulda loved to have even as unrealistic as it probably was. maybe a keenan lewis type guy would be a step up for us.

damn, he is one guy i woulda loved to have even as unrealistic as it probably was. maybe a keenan lewis type guy would be a step up for us.

agreed, but i'm not worried. the market is looking good for even the poorest of teams.

just saw this...

ProFootballTalk

Early word in league circles on the Sean Smith contract: $5 million average, same as Derek Cox. Trying to confirm.

$5mil/year for 3 years on one of the top CB FAs available. that's not bad at all.

CBs are very affordable right now.

Archived