• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone out there still upset we gave up next years 1st?

thefuzz

Congratulations you found a player Fox had practicing with the second string during minicamps and OTAs his rookie year. He also rode the bench his first two seasons, so that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for "OTAs don't matter" considering he stayed with the second team.

On the other hand, you have guys like Peppers, Gross, Otah, Godfrey, and I THINK Beason, who played with the starters from day one and continued doing so pretty much right on through the offseason and started on opening day. The only player that comes to mind who is a combo breaker in my argument is Chris Gamble. He was behind Artrell Hawkins, but by the end of training camp had taken his spot. So obviously Brown CAN work his way into the starting lineup. I just don't see it happening this season.

Beason wasn't with the starters from day 1 of OTA's or even in his first couple of pre season games, but he was a starter from day 1 of the season, albeit at a different position than MLB.

The point is that it's not a hard and fast rule for John Fox to start every 1st or 2nd round rookie with the one's this early like you claim. Peppers, Gross, Otah and Godfrey all came in with no real competition at the position they were going to play. Plus, Peppers and Gross were top 5 picks anyway, so they were gonna start no matter what. Brown however, has plenty of proven competition, so there is no reason for the coaching staff to rush the learning process.

Oh God not the Timmy B comparisons already. Stewart already has more yards in a season and more touchdowns in a season than Biakabanotgonnaeventry EVER HAD HIS ENTIRE CAREER. He also played in all 16 games last year, something else Tsignegrhwemaga never did. And so far none of his injuries have been even slightly serious.

For someone who is only 22, you seem kinda hostile to others' opinons, if they don't mirror your own.

My point was simply that we drafted two players who were injured in college and both missed time during the regular season...we did this when others were available in the draft who did not have those collegiate injuries.

Ankles were questionable with Otah and that most likely had a reason for why he dropped and was one of the last tackles to be drafted. The same is true for Stewart. He was not suppose to be available when the Panthers drafted.

Maybe we will get lucky, maybe we won't. My theory is if they are injured in college, when fewer games and fewer practices are held, that does not bode well in the NFL.

Again, just my theory. There are exceptions of couse, Morgan who was never injured until he came to the pros come to mind.

I'm simply saying, if it were me, having a choice between a back, or a tackle who had no injuries in their sr. year and ones that did, I'd pick the ones who didn't.

For someone who is only 22, you seem kinda hostile to others' opinons, if they don't mirror your own.

My point was simply that we drafted two players who were injured in college and both missed time during the regular season...we did this when others were available in the draft who did not have those collegiate injuries.

Ankles were questionable with Otah and that most likely had a reason for why he dropped and was one of the last tackles to be drafted. The same is true for Stewart. He was not suppose to be available when the Panthers drafted.

Maybe we will get lucky, maybe we won't. My theory is if they are injured in college, when fewer games and fewer practices are held, that does not bode well in the NFL.

Again, just my theory. There are exceptions of couse, Morgan who was never injured until he came to the pros come to mind.

I'm simply saying, if it were me, having a choice between a back, or a tackle who had no injuries in their sr. year and ones that did, I'd pick the ones who didn't.

He's an angry, angry little dude, no doubt about it...

I don't really know what 22 has to do with me being hostile to other people's opinions, but I'm not going to argue about that. I'm not hostile to an opinion that does not mirror my own. If someone can make an argument counter to mine that brings facts and reasoning to the table, I respect that. Take someone like Panthers55; I respect him greatly. Because he doesn't just pull a bunch of random, dumb bullpoo out of his ass and try and pass it off as fact.

Case in point. Biakabatuka never missed a single game at Michigan. He was the perfect example of a tough player who never got hurt heading into the draft. Once again, your analogy falls short.

The overriding concern with Stewart at that time was the turf toe injury, not his ankle. But I'm not sure if you meant his ankle was a concern too or if his injury history was a concern.

I'm glad you're so willing to embrace completely unfounded positions and ideals, but injuries in college really mean nothing when it comes to the pros. At least when it concerns players who never got hurt in college. If Stewart had major season-ending injuries multiple times during his college career, yes, that's a cause for concern. But he's only had the turf toe problem and a couple of very minor injuries during his career that only kept him out of a handful of games.

Well thank Christ you don't draft for this team, otherwise we'd have Chris Williams and Rashard Mendenhall. You know, two guys who were pretty healthy in college. That seems to have transfered over well to the pros so far.

If this team drafted better, I wouldn't care.

Expect more teams to do this... they are taking a page out of New England's book who almost always trades away their first for multiple picks later in the after. The problem with round 1 is, you draft anybody and he's guaranteed x-number of dollars. The rest of the draft is more reasonable.

Like New England, Carolina is a small market team that must find ways to control it's cap, if we're going to compete.

I can't say I love the idea of trading away our 1st rounders, but I understand it --- and if we draft better, it will be a VERY smart decision in the long run.

1. I'm 6'2" ;)

2. If I were angry, I'd type in all caps.

22 is little, I've got 30 years on you. :( All I'm saying is that you are an "in your face" kind of person. You are very confrontational and aggressive, (I get that way sometimes as well, but you seem to live it). I have never seen a post from you that wasn't aggressive toward the person you were responding to, and you probably don't even know that it's coming off that way. But it was an observation, not bait... :cheers2:

22 is little, I've got 30 years on you. :( All I'm saying is that you are an "in your face" kind of person. You are very confrontational and aggressive, (I get that way sometimes as well, but you seem to live it). I have never seen a post from you that wasn't aggressive toward the person you were responding to, and you probably don't even know that it's coming off that way. But it was an observation, not bait... :cheers2:

I knew you meant age lol, hence the ;)

You're right to an extent. I definitely know I'm being confrontational sometimes, especially when someone provokes me by calling something I say stupid, ridiculous, etc etc. So I respond in kind. But in my original response to Raleigh Panther I REALLY don't think I was being confrontational. I wasn't being overtly nice and sweet either, but that's just not how I am. But it's not like I was berating him in my first post like I have been known to do.

I knew you meant age lol, hence the ;)

You're right to an extent. I definitely know I'm being confrontational sometimes, especially when someone provokes me by calling something I say stupid, ridiculous, etc etc. So I respond in kind. But in my original response to Raleigh Panther I REALLY don't think I was being confrontational. I wasn't being overtly nice and sweet either, but that's just not how I am. But it's not like I was berating him in my first post like I have been known to do.

I've never had a problem with it, just observing. No problem at all...

Archived