• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone out there still upset we gave up next years 1st?

thefuzz

The Cats did it last year and went 12-4. If we pull off an 11-5 or 10-6 this year I'll be ecstatic but there is so much qb talent coming out next spring I hate the thought of us not having a first rounder.

Fox and Hurney are going for the 'win now' approach and I like that! :cool:

It's hard to sign 1st rounders when you're out of cash. So trading a 1st rounder for a second who should have been a first when you got no cash is probably a better choice than what you ate for dinner last night... :lol:

Brown is going to be a good player for us someday. The question is how soon. Personally I would like him to get situational work rushing the passer and gaining experience until he can learn enough to get more playing time. That way we don't rush him and he is ready to play next year which will be when we are likely to need him.

It would be a bonus to get good playing time out of him this year but that happens so rarely in the NFl. Particularly in the first half of the season. It is rare for a defensive rookie linemen to have any impact. For us the last one was Peppers as a rookie. Of course that was the last time we chose a defensive linemen with our top pick.

I think it is very optimistic to think Brown will start and have an impact. At best he comes in and suprises everyone. At worse he sits the bench and gains practice experience for next year. D limemen usually need a few years to become dominant in the league.

For those thinking that first round picks aren't a big deal to lose because not all of them pan out, take our last four first round picks off the team and see how we do. Answer: 2-14.

Losing a first rounder is crippling to your future, but only if you trade them away for players that can't help you. If and it's a big one, Carolina gets Brown to develop into a starting DE then this trade will be at least passable. If they do not, then they blew a first rounder.

I have to admit though, it does take a little steam out of draft day every year when Carolina trades out of their pick.

I think Hurney expects Pep to have another blow up year, then tag him again- THEN GET the high draft pick trades we wanted.

That or Julius will get his head out of his ass and want to stay here after realizing how good he's got it and then sign a new contract so he doesnt count 20 MILLION against the cap.

20 million= CRAZY or 5 GOOD FA's

I wouldnt be surprised to see Stewart traded for a #1 pick if Goodson or Lee makes a big impression this season.

I know its not a popular idea, but when you have this type of talent and depth, someone is the odd man out with the team being the one who makes out.

Now if DeAngelo slides in production I say the same for him as well.

We are just very deep in the "skilled" positions and this is a business.

I have a feeling Hurney will find some way to get our #1 back...... .02

Archived