• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone out there still upset we gave up next years 1st?

thefuzz

I think all we basically did was borrow next years pick to draft Everette Brown. If Brown plays his senior year at FSU he is a first round pick in 2010 anyway. I like the move and it will pay dividends when Jules walks away at the end of the year.

you need to get past that idea that he is just an undersized DE.

is smith just an undersized WR? don't look at the wrapping paper and judge it on that. brown is incredibly strong for any size. brown has incredible leverage. brown has elite moves. only reason he is on the 2nd team for now is that he is learning. it's just OTAs. even if he isn't considered a starter by the time the season started it wouldn't matter much because they are going to be rotating the DEs a lot anyway which is the smartest thing to do given the strength of the offenses.

they are going to be using brown a lot. be sure of that.

you need to get past that idea that he is just an undersized DE.

is smith just an undersized WR? don't look at the wrapping paper and judge it on that. brown is incredibly strong for any size. brown has incredible leverage. brown has elite moves. only reason he is on the 2nd team for now is that he is learning. it's just OTAs. even if he isn't considered a starter by the time the season started it wouldn't matter much because they are going to be rotating the DEs a lot anyway which is the smartest thing to do given the strength of the offenses.

they are going to be using brown a lot. be sure of that.

I am certainly not knocking him, just tossing a scenario out there. I like him and am glad that he is part of our team, I just don't like the idea of trading away future first round draft picks.

I am certainly not knocking him, just tossing a scenario out there. I like him and am glad that he is part of our team, I just don't like the idea of trading away future first round draft picks.
meh...it's not a "safe" way to do it but it has proven to be a good strategy when done right. the guy hurney learned how to Gm from, bobby beathard, sometimes went years without a 1st rounder and wound up with several championship or incredibly productive teams considering where they started out.

hurney's a gambler and he's good at what he does. it makes it fun.

Considering he is still working with the second team, yes. I expect someone who is essentially a first rounder to come in and be a major contributor right away. Then again I expect more out of my teams players than some others.

Fox generally works rookies with second team in OTA's even if they would normally be pegged as opening day starters unless there is a giant hole in that position to start with. I expect we'll see a lot more of him with first team come TC.

Not that it would happen, (fingers crossed).

Rash of injuries, Delhomme, Williams, Smith etc...

Top ten pick next year=undersized DE.

He's the same basic size as Dwight Freeney, he's the same size as Strahan was, he's bigger than Robert Mathis, and a lot of other elite DE's. I think we need to put aside this notion that being lighter as a DE is necessarily bad, as long as he can manage some production that's all that matters. You also have to remember he was predicted to go in the top 10 this year.

Archived