• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles cut Nnamdi Asomugha

chknwing

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Yeah exactly. Drafts don't typically have 2 rounds of long term starters, I didn't even go back and look at that draft but knowing Shaq is still a starter in this league nearly a decade later alone made it completely absurd to suggest he'd be late 3rd in a re-draft (so would need more like 85 players better than him not 64...). Shaq didn't turn out to be quite what we expected nor did he continue our streak of having incredibly elite LBs here in Carolina, but he was not a bad pick at all for a late 1st. In a redraft, without going through every player in that draft, I'd imagine he'd be at worst early/mid 2nd. Hell he may even still be late 1st, where he was taken.
    • I use to think that but the margin for errors being so small the difference even with those things are minute. Special teams, field position and coaching can be the small differences that cause us or any team to lose games. Playing a slightly better QB even with good QB play Rodger’s Mahomes Jackson Allen etc they’re just better, the other team getting better starting field position consistently in the game and lastly a slightly better coach better clock  management and in game adjustments are what really lead to winning with most teams being close in talent levels. Being that most games are one score games those things are usually the difference in winning and losing but you’re also right and improvement in all those areas definitely should lead to more wins if the defensive doesn’t fall apart.
    • He looked like a guy who absolutely didn't expect to play and a player the coaching staff absolutely didn't expect to play. Mack flat out lied about both QBs getting a chance to play going into last night. Max Johnson was his QB, period. Curious to see how Harrell looks moving forward as the guy. He looked way more promising in the bowl game last year even with the two INTs.