• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diggs, Connor, Johnson, or Other

Who Will Start at SLB  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Start at SLB

Anyone think Anderson could be a dark horse to start? Maybe later in the season? His speed could be pretty useful in this scheme. I know he hasn't really come through for us before, just a thought.

He can be speedy as hell and it wont help him because he has poor instincts and poor tackling ability.

Hey, I loved the Connor pick, not knocking him at all. But the prevailing voices on here are saying that he doesn't have the speed to play outside. Now I don't know about that and if he can wrestle the position from Diggs, I'm all for it...

That didn't start here. The knock on Connor in the draft was that he wasn't as fast and athletic as the other top LBers.

If he can beat out Diggs though, more power to him.

Diggs is so good at his job that his name hardly ever gets mentioned, and people assume he's horrible and needs to be replaced.

Exactly, He's almost always in the right spot in the defense to affect a play positively and rarely makes a mistake. I voted for him, the only reason he would lose the job is because of the new scheme and I doubt he loses it then either, Meeks will adjust the scheme to fit with Diggs' abilities. The only person on the team I see that could get the job is Johnson. He didn't do it last year, so I doubt he does it this year.

Diggs will be back in his old spot again this year. Yeah he is the least talented of our three starting LBs but hustle and game smarts make up for the talent he might lack. He knows he has two guys chomping at the bit for his spot. I expect to see Diggs blowing it up at training camp. For how many more years...maybe two or three at the most.

didnt Connor spend a lot of his time at penn state as a OLB?

yeah but in the nfl he's just a perfect fit for ILB. i remember scouts just drooling all over his measurables and how seamlessly he'd fit into the position.

actually to be honest he was more of a perfect fit for a 3-4 ilb if memory serves.

Archived