• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Build Through the Draft Thread

SCP

Yeah....that is what we have been doing. Too heavily.

As Steve Smith said, we too often look to the draft for starters and it leads to our offense or defense being abused where they are....

It's like after 2003....we created the how not to build a good teams handbook. Avoid FA....draft guys to start who should be backups for a year or so...give anyone you drafted a sweet deal...then grab a bad fat DT in FA or WR as a means to show you are willing to do hit FA.

You know who else is a build through the draft team? The fugging 49ers. And guess what they have? Draft picks! Lots of them. Young talent! Lots of it. And they are also looking at free agents. God this time of year pisses me off as a Panther fan.

You know who else is a build through the draft team? The fugging 49ers. And guess what they have? Draft picks! Lots of them. Young talent! Lots of it. And they are also looking at free agents. God this time of year pisses me off as a Panther fan.

The team also started Carlos Rodgers, Donte Whitner, etc....pretty big FA signings in recent times. They also will gamble in FA with Moss, old Boldin etc

Every team builds through the draft. Some are just better than others in doing it. We have also built through free agency and through trades as well, but just not with big name folks. What annoys me is the constant accusations that we don't build through free agency when that is not the case at all. We just don't widely spend. Panther fans who have followed the team for the past 17 years know that we have tried that strategy many times almost always with average to poor results.

Archived