• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Vick to the Carolina Panthers????

KristenisHot

Vick has trouble locating shorter receivers; our prime receiver is Steve Smith

- the lack of a passing threat would allow teams to concentrate solely on shutting down the run game, blunting the best part of our offense

I hate to disagree, but Vick has a helluva an arm to chuck it up to Smith for him to go after.

And his legs means the defense can't box it to concentrate on the two running backs.

It's a pretty good fit actually, but I still don't want the SOB here, ever.

No you said skill wise he is better. Part of a skill a QB should have is accuracy. I can't think of one QB skill Vick has that is better than anything any Carolina QB has except POSSIBLY arm strength.

If you want to talk running ability well sure he beats anything Carolina has, obviously.

Possibly arm strength? That's a given. I'd argue he has better decision making than Delhomme at least half the time. And the ability to scramble can't be underlooked as much as you may want it to be.

Possibly arm strength? That's a given. I'd argue he has better decision making than Delhomme at least half the time. And the ability to scramble can't be underlooked as much as you may want it to be.

How the hell is he going to make better decisions when we don't have Alge Crumpler? Vick locked onto Crumpler worse than Delhomme locks onto Smith.

He makes better decisions because he can tuck and run when option 1 isn't open? If he is a better decision maker, why is his comp % so low in an offense geared towards providing QBs with a higher comp % than the offense Jake plays in? Why did Vick's WRs who were considered busts blossom without him playing but with a bunch of JAGS @ QB in 2007?

I don't buy it.

I see two problems with this.

The obvious is that Vick's an asshole.

The second is that he might actually be able to overthrow Smitty.

There are very few things that would make me not give a crap about what the Panthers do next year and probably just tune out the NFL for the 2009 season, but the Panthers signing Vick would be one of them. I suspect a fair number of fans would at least part way agree with me. The dude is poison and I hope he has to go to Canada to play professional football again.

Why wasn't this whole topic just read witha grain of salt and recognised for what it's really worth? Someones opinion of who they would like at QB.

That's just crazy enough that it'll never work, ........................ never work I tells ya.

BTW... shows us your tits.

I see two problems with this.

The obvious is that Vick's an asshole.

The second is that he might actually be able to overthrow Smitty.

There are very few things that would make me not give a crap about what the Panthers do next year and probably just tune out the NFL for the 2009 season, but the Panthers signing Vick would be one of them. I suspect a fair number of fans would at least part way agree with me. The dude is poison and I hope he has to go to Canada to play professional football again.

What? Nobody can overthrow Smitty, that's just nonsense...

I hate to disagree, but Vick has a helluva an arm to chuck it up to Smith for him to go after.

And his legs means the defense can't box it to concentrate on the two running backs.

It's a pretty good fit actually, but I still don't want the SOB here, ever.

Actually, no. Vick had good downfield threats in Atlanta too, but we never knew it until Matt Ryan came along.

A big arm doesn't matter if you can't see who you're throwing to. That was always one of Vick's more troublesome issues, that he couldn't see downfield (combo of height and poor field vision). That's why he always wound up dumping it off to Alge Crumpler, the only guy tall enough for him to locate.

Vick to Smith would be a continual parade of near (and not so near) misses, the same as it was with his Falcon receivers.

Actually White had a good year in 07 with Harrington and Redman throwing to him. All they needed was a decent QB.

Smitty would HATE having Vick (or any other selfish player) as a QB I would wager.

Vick would last about 2 seconds around Steve before getting punched in the throat, and body slammed.........hey wait a minute......this doesn't sound like such a bad idea after all.

:smilielol5: :rofl:

Archived