• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roy Miller, Bucs break off contract talks

JawnyBlaze

I only see two, maybe three DTs in this draft that fit that description: Star, maybe Hankins and maybe Brandon Williams. All the others that are good against the run have 0 pass rush skills (J Williams, Jenkins, Geathers)

Star Richardson both Williams and Floyd could play the middle. When you add Hanson that is more enough.

Because we use a 1 gap attacking 4-3 we don't need a big fat blob in the middle.

Yea I added Sylvester to my list as a might can hold up against the run but I guess it didn't save. Richardson and especially Floyd would probably be worse than Dwan against the run. Richardson is good at chasing Rbs down the line though, but as far as holding up at the point of attack they're both weak at that.

Yea I added Sylvester to my list as a might can hold up against the run but I guess it didn't save. Richardson and especially Floyd would probably be worse than Dwan against the run. Richardson is good at chasing Rbs down the line though, but as far as holding up at the point of attack they're both weak at that.

If Richardson struggled against the run it wasn't because he isn't big enough or strong enough. Richardson did 30 reps in the bench press and is 6'3" and 297. Jesse WIlliams is 6'3" and 323 and did 30 reps as well. Floyd didn't do the bench press.

While looking at combine scores, I ran across this guy. He is getting little press and is projected to be a second rounder. He is Margus Hunt who is a DE from Southerm Methodist. He led everyone with 38 bench presses and also ran a 4.62 40 yard dash. He had a 34 inch vertical, 10.01 broad, 4.51 shuttle and a 7.07 shuttle. His size is 6'8" and 277 lbs.

Bench press doesn't equate ability against the run. Leverage, weight, technique, lower body strength, etc all factor in, each probably more so than bench press.

Margus Hunt is a well documented workout warrior. He might turn into a good player, but his film hurts him rather than helps him. He is a freak of an athlete though.

Yea I know, but Miller played more of the NT position for the Bucs last year beside McCoy. And the Bucs were a very good stopping the run. I'm fine with playin two UTs

With the way our Dline is structured, two UTs could just fit right in. We use a variety of different looks up front as it is, adding another dimension couldn't hurt. As long as our middle two can demand three blockers and still be involved in the play we are scary. Our DEs one on one is not how an offense wants to play.

All I care about. Can he help stop the run, and get pressure on the QB? If he can. Offer him a job.

Archived