• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers says he will be at training camp

This news is almost as good as my bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

Cocoa Pebbles!

been telling you all along...

Wow...

I have a hunch the new deal is on the table, and it will be signed at the end of July/first days of August...

...the force is strong with this one...

In his announcement, didn't Peppers mention that he felt as though he had reached his potential with the Panthers? Perhaps that will change now that he sees that his coaches and schemes have changed.

could be...but maybe he was talking about the HC and not the DC...i still think peppers feels the way same he been felt i dont anything hase changed just because he will come to TC....peppers has said he been wanted out for some time

Whatever, it's exactly how things were going to play out from jump street. Us as observant fans were the only ones stressing over the whole thing. Once the tag was placed there was no other real scenario.

Pep wants out of Charlotte, his agent did everything he could to make it happen, but the organization couldn't let him go. Now we get a reboot, the scheme probably won't change a thing. The only thing that could make the whole thing good is if Pep can feel no pressure and that's not gonna happen in a small pond.

I see him signing at the last minute and playing as well as he can, but sadly it'll still be short of his potential, leopards don't change their stripes this late in the game.

His agent might have actively shopped him around. We will never know about that. At this point, we do know that the unsigned tender route has not given Peppers or Carolina what they want. The Panthers weren't able to get him to sign the most lucrative DE deal in history before all of this and he stands to make a ton of money this year. The tender will be signed if he can't secure a deal the Panther's endorse. No way he sits out the year. As has been pointed out before, he is in the position to sign the last big money contract of his playing days. He must go 100%, if he stays, to maximize his contract value. Will it be larger than Carolina's initial offer? That might be up to him. Could he find himself left holding the bag after all of this? Absolutely. I'm glad it has come to this because, if he stays, he must play hard or lose big. If he goes, the Panthers will have received exactly what the Franchise Tag was meant to provide, valuable compensation for a team MVP caliber player. The team has played this correctly. I see no other way it could have gone better.

this is actually the state of sports journalism
20 years ago, before the instant internet age, there was far less info to be had, period. It's no wonder 2nd hand text message quotes are being thrown around these days. This time of year used to be the NFL dark ages. Now we have hourly OTA reports, blogs, message boards and freakin' twitters. Makes you wonder what 10 more years will bring. Live OTA's in HD?:cheers2:

Whatever, it's exactly how things were going to play out from jump street. Us as observant fans were the only ones stressing over the whole thing. Once the tag was placed there was no other real scenario.

Pep wants out of Charlotte, his agent did everything he could to make it happen, but the organization couldn't let him go. Now we get a reboot, the scheme probably won't change a thing. The only thing that could make the whole thing good is if Pep can feel no pressure and that's not gonna happen in a small pond.

I see him signing at the last minute and playing as well as he can, but sadly it'll still be short of his potential, leopards don't change their stripes this late in the game.

I understand the thought, but I think you're giving Carey way too much credit.

Archived