• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Margus Hunt

chknwing

Maybe he could find a spot on special teams, perhaps the practice squad?

The phrase 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane' was probably invented for the eventual explanation of Hunt. I literally hate pretty much everything about his game. Yes, he looked strong and fast at the Combine. On the field? Completely different story. Despite his size and strength, he was routinely pushed around by blockers at the Senior Bowl. When it comes to the pass rush, he could generate none, and Scott Wright went as far as to say his spin move looked as if it were happening in slow motion.

To me, he's the quintessential workout warrior who will make his team regret investing a high pick in him. I hope the Panthers steer very clear from Hunt.

The guy hasn't played a ton of football he is a project but he is one hell of an athlete, he is an absolute freak....

I would be willing to take a shot at him in the second even though we have good DE's he would have time to develop he has room to bulk up a bit, this guy in a year or two could be a monstrous 3-tech.

6'8 277 pounds 4.6 40 38 bench reps with an 88' wingspan????

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• No matter how good a player is anyone who plays 10+ years for a single team, as Shaq is approaching, has a legacy for that team. Especially if he's a leader, like Shaq is.
    • Yeah exactly. Drafts don't typically have 2 rounds of long term starters, I didn't even go back and look at that draft but knowing Shaq is still a starter in this league nearly a decade later alone made it completely absurd to suggest he'd be late 3rd in a re-draft (so would need more like 85 players better than him not 64...). Shaq didn't turn out to be quite what we expected nor did he continue our streak of having incredibly elite LBs here in Carolina, but he was not a bad pick at all for a late 1st. In a redraft, without going through every player in that draft, I'd imagine he'd be at worst early/mid 2nd. Hell he may even still be late 1st, where he was taken.
    • I use to think that but the margin for errors being so small the difference even with those things are minute. Special teams, field position and coaching can be the small differences that cause us or any team to lose games. Playing a slightly better QB is also a factor even with good QB play Rodger’s Mahomes Jackson Allen etc they’re just better, special teams missed field goals or weak punts giving the other team better starting field position consistently in the game and lastly a slightly better coach better clock  management and in game adjustments are what really lead to winning with most teams being close in talent levels. Being that most games are one score games those things are usually the difference in winning and losing but you’re also right and improvement in all those areas definitely should lead to more wins if the defensive doesn’t fall apart.