• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panther Koolaid

chknwing

ok ok I know people were expecting some stupid drink, but no. With the restructures and pay cuts going on which do you think has happened. Has Gettlemen put fear into players to take a paycut and risk getting paid less in free agency by another team or is there some new flavor of koolaid about next season Gettleman has the players drinking and has them convinced they are superbowl bound?

So far he's restructured Kalil, saving millions. The stewart restructure wasn't huge but it was something I suppose. Now this Nakamura deal. saving another 500k, which again isn't much. I'm just thinking he's saving the best for last. Right now he's honing in on the small things that he can do without cutting players. I just wonder what he will do with DeAngelo, Beason, Gamble, Gross.

I'm guessing he will restructure most of them to the point that it will alleviate the cap but we will keep the players and CUT one.

I really have a good feeling about our current players and staff. That's including Rivera. I feel like he's someone the players want to play and win for. Now with Gettleman hired we can instill a winning mentality and better decision making financially and talent wise. Pulling the trigger on trades, FA acquisitions etc.

I really have a good feeling about our current players and staff. That's including Rivera. I feel like he's someone the players want to play and win for. Now with Gettleman hired we can instill a winning mentality and better decision making financially and talent wise. Pulling the trigger on trades, FA acquisitions etc.

Or the contrary, lol.. But yeah I agree

So far he's restructured Kalil, saving millions. The stewart restructure wasn't huge but it was something I suppose. Now this Nakamura deal. saving another 500k, which again isn't much. I'm just thinking he's saving the best for last. Right now he's honing in on the small things that he can do without cutting players. I just wonder what he will do with DeAngelo, Beason, Gamble, Gross.

I'm guessing he will restructure most of them to the point that it will alleviate the cap but we will keep the players and CUT one.

He still hasn't touched any of the problem children....

Jury is still out until he actually does or doesn't look at the real problematic deals

What we don't know is what Gettleman has already in the works. For example is he trying to restructure Gamble or perhaps trying to trade him?? If all that fails then will he cut him? If that were the case, then we won't hear much until close to March 13th. He might be exploring several scenarios with a number of players which means he can't announce anything until he hears back from other teams who might be still waiting to see who else is cut or released.

Archived