• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stories from Summer School

Source: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/774282.html

Jeff King Doesn't Laugh

The Carolina Panthers get today and Friday off. They'll resume summer school practice Monday and finish Tuesday. They don't have to practice again until training camp convenes Aug. 2. Players were in a good mood as they left the field Wednesday after Day 10 of practice. Tight end Jeff King paused to do a television interview, and fullback Brad Hoover tried to make him laugh. Hoover really worked, too. But he failed. “He's too serious,” Hoover said.

Delhomme working hard

The longest play of the day was a bomb down the right side to tight end Gary Barnidge, the second-year player out of Louisville. If there were a summer school MVP, it would be him. Also making nice grabs were Marcus Monk, a receiver from Arkansas, and Jason Carter, who had a sensational camp in Spartanburg last summer before getting hurt. Throwing the pass to Carter was Jake Delhomme. “I think guys are really working hard, are really invested in the program,” Delhomme said. He said the quarterbacks have to be. They're working with a new position coach, Rip Scherer, and back-ups Josh McCown and Matt Moore are still relatively new. “This is Josh's first offseason with us and Matt's only in his second full offseason, so there's a big learning curve, a lot of new things we're doing quarterback-wise,” Delhomme said. He said change is good. “The greatest athlete on the planet is Tiger Woods,” said Delhomme. “And how many times has he retooled his swing? Numerous. And he's the best. Why do you do that? "So I know for somebody as measly as myself to work on something new is great.”

Canada connection

Jamall Lee, the rookie running back from Canada, is one of 30 NFL players, current and former, with ties to Canada, according to www.nflcanada.com. One of those players is former Panther Tim Biakabutuka. Biakabutuka moved to Quebec from his native Zaire. Lee's father, Orville, was the first player selected in the 1988 Canadian Football League draft by Ottawa. He played five seasons in the league.

Source: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/774282.html

Jeff King Doesn't Laugh

The Carolina Panthers get today and Friday off. They'll resume summer school practice Monday and finish Tuesday. They don't have to practice again until training camp convenes Aug. 2. Players were in a good mood as they left the field Wednesday after Day 10 of practice. Tight end Jeff King paused to do a television interview, and fullback Brad Hoover tried to make him laugh. Hoover really worked, too. But he failed. “He's too serious,” Hoover said.

Delhomme working hard

The longest play of the day was a bomb down the right side to tight end Gary Barnidge, the second-year player out of Louisville. If there were a summer school MVP, it would be him. Also making nice grabs were Marcus Monk, a receiver from Arkansas, and Jason Carter, who had a sensational camp in Spartanburg last summer before getting hurt. Throwing the pass to Carter was Jake Delhomme. “I think guys are really working hard, are really invested in the program,” Delhomme said. He said the quarterbacks have to be. They're working with a new position coach, Rip Scherer, and back-ups Josh McCown and Matt Moore are still relatively new. “This is Josh's first offseason with us and Matt's only in his second full offseason, so there's a big learning curve, a lot of new things we're doing quarterback-wise,” Delhomme said. He said change is good. “The greatest athlete on the planet is Tiger Woods,” said Delhomme. “And how many times has he retooled his swing? Numerous. And he's the best. Why do you do that? "So I know for somebody as measly as myself to work on something new is great.”

Canada connection

Jamall Lee, the rookie running back from Canada, is one of 30 NFL players, current and former, with ties to Canada, according to www.nflcanada.com. One of those players is former Panther Tim Biakabutuka. Biakabutuka moved to Quebec from his native Zaire. Lee's father, Orville, was the first player selected in the 1988 Canadian Football League draft by Ottawa. He played five seasons in the league.

I'm really hoping this is a sign that we will REALLY see the TE have a more prominent role in the passing game. Delhomme is going to have to learn to spread that ball around more if we're going to avoid a repeat of the last game.

I'm also liking what I'm reading about the new QB coach. Hopefully, he'll help Jake brush up on his techniques and fundamentals. I'll still trying to figure out exactly what McCoy was doing here, but that's the Broncos' problem now.

I just really wish there was some news on Peppers. I know deep down inside me that he is coming back, I just wish that he would come out and say that his is on board and ready to roll. Beason was on NFL radio the other day and he said that he knows that Peppers is coming back and he will be at training camp. I just want to hear it out of his mouth, twitter, facebook and or myspace.

I just really wish there was some news on Peppers. I know deep down inside me that he is coming back, I just wish that he would come out and say that his is on board and ready to roll. Beason was on NFL radio the other day and he said that he knows that Peppers is coming back and he will be at training camp. I just want to hear it out of his mouth, twitter, facebook and or myspace.

How about a text message...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/13815-peppers-says-he-will-training-camp.html

I hope you can tie the Jeff King and Delhomme to Barnbridge stories together-- Kings not laughing because GB is taking him to school, I have nothing agaisnt King but as a TE he is very average which is a Fox staple I think but maybe things are a changing

Archived